List of Aikido Katas with Videos & Instructions - Section supported by Aikido books
This page provides instructions for various Aikido katas (i.e. Koryu No Kata and Randori No Kata). For additional techniques, please visit the main Aikido techniques section.
You should also visit the Aikido section of our community site in order to discuss Aikido kata & techniques and/or meet Aikido students/instructors.
If you are looking for Jo katas, visit the Aikido Jo Katas section. For other katas (i.e. Karate or Judo), visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Koryu No Kata
- Koryu Dai Ichi
- Koryu Dai Ni
- Koryu Dai San
- Koryu Dai Yon
- Koryu Dai Go
- Koryu Dai Roku
Randori No Kata (Tomiki Aikido) - Randori No Kata consists of 17 basic Aikido techniques.
- Aikido Shomen-ate - Forward Strike To Head
- Aikido Aigamae-ate - Matching Stances Strike
- Aikido Gyakugamae-ate - Opposing Stances Strike
- Aikido Gedan-ate - Low Strike
- Aikido Ushiro-ate - Rear Strike
- Aikido Oshi-taoshi - Push Down
- Aikido Ude-gaeshi - Arm Turn
- Aikido Hiki-taoshi - Pull Down
- Aikido Ude-hineri - Arm Twist
- Aikido Waki-gatame - Side Pin
- Aikido Kote-hineri - Wrist Twist
- Aikido Kote-gaeshi - Wrist Turn
- Aikido Tenkai-kote-hineri - Rotating Wrist Twist
- Aikido Shiho-nage - Four Corner Throw
- Aikido Mae-otoshi - Forward Drop
- Aikido Sumi-otoshi - Corner Drop
- Aikido Hiki-otoshi - Pulling Drop
- London Aikido Dojo, http://www.londonaikido.com/, Added - 8/21/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Chuck Norris hears his own Chuck Norris "facts" (jokes)... You might like to watch this video as Chuck Norris reads some of the famous (infamous) internet jokes made about his legendary toughness. If you want to read some more of these jokes, please visit this community thread - http://community.blackbeltwiki...
- thoughts on Kata to practice kata Was on a FB chat and expressed my idea for my dojo I will start in the next 3 to 10 years. my idea: traditional Goju Ryu training meaning: core 12 katas only, train in the basics and physical condition, kumite, bunkai, philosophy There will be modern...
- Why The Insistent Teacher Have you experienced the instent teacher, one who shows no flecibility to the organizations structure? Have you doubted or inquired into why the teacher is so rigid. Did you expect flexibility standards in your development. What do you expect to gain i...
- Cross Roads of Martial Arts Cross Roads in martial arts comes at any time of life can be a difficult decision. How do recognize it and what do you do about it ? Does life carry on for the elderly and the disabled karate-ka. How about those who struggle with rank progression. Wh...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi