List of Aikido Katas with Videos & Instructions
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info to wiki & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
List of Aikido Katas with Videos & Instructions - Section supported by Aikido books
This page provides instructions for various Aikido katas (i.e. Koryu No Kata and Randori No Kata). For additional techniques, please visit the main Aikido techniques section.
You should also visit the Aikido section of our community site in order to discuss Aikido kata & techniques and/or meet Aikido students/instructors.
If you are looking for Jo katas, visit the Aikido Jo Katas section. For other katas (i.e. Karate or Judo), visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Koryu No Kata
- Koryu Dai Ichi
- Koryu Dai Ni
- Koryu Dai San
- Koryu Dai Yon
- Koryu Dai Go
- Koryu Dai Roku
Randori No Kata (Tomiki Aikido) - Randori No Kata consists of 17 basic Aikido techniques.
- Aikido Shomen-ate - Forward Strike To Head
- Aikido Aigamae-ate - Matching Stances Strike
- Aikido Gyakugamae-ate - Opposing Stances Strike
- Aikido Gedan-ate - Low Strike
- Aikido Ushiro-ate - Rear Strike
- Aikido Oshi-taoshi - Push Down
- Aikido Ude-gaeshi - Arm Turn
- Aikido Hiki-taoshi - Pull Down
- Aikido Ude-hineri - Arm Twist
- Aikido Waki-gatame - Side Pin
- Aikido Kote-hineri - Wrist Twist
- Aikido Kote-gaeshi - Wrist Turn
- Aikido Tenkai-kote-hineri - Rotating Wrist Twist
- Aikido Shiho-nage - Four Corner Throw
- Aikido Mae-otoshi - Forward Drop
- Aikido Sumi-otoshi - Corner Drop
- Aikido Hiki-otoshi - Pulling Drop
- London Aikido Dojo, http://www.londonaikido.com/, Added - 8/21/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Self-Defense Against A Clown Since America seems to be experiencing clown hysteria or at least a few idiots in clown suits trying to scare people, I thought you might like to watch Master Ken's latest video. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Community Experiment I have switched the replies sorting option to most popular first (versus most recent first). Therefore, you will see the replies with the most positive/up votes first (as there were lots of great answers to questions being buried under jokes, hi my nam...
- Sparring Gear, Medieval Armor or Industrial Footwear? You might find this an interesting "upgrade" to your existing martial arts sparring shin guards. :) Seriously, I think it is some type of industrial protective footwear. Ellwood Safety Appliance 323 Aluminum Shin-Instep Guard Amazon link to the produ...
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
- A Couple of less well known Karate Techniques Here are a couple of traditional Okinawan Karate Techniques that are still practiced (to some degree) in a few styles but are on the whole forgotten! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/2-okinawan-karate-deadly-techniques/
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.