List of Aikido Katas with Videos & Instructions
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness & sports experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 25 Jan 2016 13:48
List of Aikido Katas with Videos & Instructions - Section supported by Aikido books
This page provides instructions for various Aikido katas (i.e. Koryu No Kata and Randori No Kata). For additional techniques, please visit the main Aikido techniques section.
You should also visit the Aikido section of our community site in order to discuss Aikido kata & techniques and/or meet Aikido students/instructors.
If you are looking for Jo katas, visit the Aikido Jo Katas section. For other katas (i.e. Karate or Judo), visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Koryu No Kata
- Koryu Dai Ichi
- Koryu Dai Ni
- Koryu Dai San
- Koryu Dai Yon
- Koryu Dai Go
- Koryu Dai Roku
Randori No Kata (Tomiki Aikido) - Randori No Kata consists of 17 basic Aikido techniques.
- Aikido Shomen-ate - Forward Strike To Head
- Aikido Aigamae-ate - Matching Stances Strike
- Aikido Gyakugamae-ate - Opposing Stances Strike
- Aikido Gedan-ate - Low Strike
- Aikido Ushiro-ate - Rear Strike
- Aikido Oshi-taoshi - Push Down
- Aikido Ude-gaeshi - Arm Turn
- Aikido Hiki-taoshi - Pull Down
- Aikido Ude-hineri - Arm Twist
- Aikido Waki-gatame - Side Pin
- Aikido Kote-hineri - Wrist Twist
- Aikido Kote-gaeshi - Wrist Turn
- Aikido Tenkai-kote-hineri - Rotating Wrist Twist
- Aikido Shiho-nage - Four Corner Throw
- Aikido Mae-otoshi - Forward Drop
- Aikido Sumi-otoshi - Corner Drop
- Aikido Hiki-otoshi - Pulling Drop
- London Aikido Dojo, http://www.londonaikido.com/, Added - 8/21/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Please visit the wiki community to see the most recent members posts. However, we have listed below some of the top-rated posts added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated martial arts questions & answers. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Wiki Store - Books | DVDs | Shoes | Sparring Gear | Uniforms