Learn Aikido's Ude-Hineri or Arm Twist
Join and help others by adding details to this martial arts wiki. Martial artists can help with instructions (i.e. Shotokan Kata, Kicks, WTF Forms, Punches, ITF Patterns, Aikido Techniques, Goju-Ryu Kata, Krav Maga Techniques, Bo Staff, Other Katas), fitness buffs with Strength, Conditioning, Stretching & Warm-Ups, grapplers with Submissions, linguists with Terminology, etc.
Member benefits - It is free, you will help beginners, members do not see the ads on the top of the wiki, you can list your website on any page where you add info & much more. Everyone is welcome. Click to join!
Learn Aikido's Ude-Hineri or Arm Twist
This page provides you with instructions for the Aikido Ude-Hineri technique. This Aikido technique is also known as "arm twist". This technique is also sometimes referred to as "Ude-
Aikido's Ude-Hineri is part of Aikido Randori-No kata, one of the Aikido katas.
For other techniques (i.e. wrist, elbow, counters or dislocations), visit the main Aikido Techniques section.
This Video Shows All 17 Of The Aikido Randori-No Kata
Ude-Hineri Is Shown In Segment #9 (which starts at 2:40 into the video)
Members - Only add links and information sources to a reference section when significant new information has been added to a wiki page. Only add your own work or original material to the wiki. Include proper references. If you spot an error, have a suggestion or would like to supply us with information in order to improve a page, please contact us.
Click here to join Black Belt Wiki. Free membership.
Sign up for our free wiki newsletter. We promise to send only 1 or 2 email newsletters per month.
Each newsletter provides wiki updates, martial arts tips and more.
- 01/29/15 - In the midst of adding and expanding wiki pages, we took a break and created a martial arts country quiz. It tests you on the country origin of various martial arts styles. It even asks you where Bruce Lee was born. The quiz starts off easy and gets harder. See if you can score 100%! If you think the quiz needs more questions, please post them on our message board.
- 01/26/15 - We are expected to get 2-3 feet of snow over the next 24 hours. I apologize in advance if we are slow to respond or post new info over the next 1 or 2 days. We will be busy digging out! :)
- 01/20/15 - We just sent our monthly "technique" newsletter where we focus on an interesting or useful martial arts technique. This month's newsletter highlighted Krav Maga defenses against knee strikes. Did you find this technique useful or useless? You can vote it up or down on the Technique of the Month section.
- 01/13/15 - Our thanks to Neil for catching an error on one of the Shotokan Karate katas. FYI - This wiki can not improve & help you unless people add information and/or correct problems. Therefore, if you spot anything, please contact us… we don't bite (much). :)
- 01/13/15 - We are working on building out the section on Gensei-Ryu katas. If you are a Gensei-Ryu Karate student, we could use your help. Please contact us and tell us how to improve this kata section, point out good kata videos, etc.
Recent Wiki Pages
This section lists the most recent pages added to Black Belt Wiki.
- Muay Thai Clinch & Escapes - We have added pages on the Muay Thai Clinch and how to escape the Muay Thai Clinch. However, we could use your help with step-by-step instructions for these techniques.
- About Butthan Martial Art - Butthan is a Bangladeshi combat type martial art which is pretty new to the online world. As a Butthancharya (Butthan practitioner) I would like to spread the knowledge of Butthan as far as I can.
- Ideas for Martial Arts Quizzes - As you know, we have created a number of martial arts quizzes (such as quizzes covering Karate Terminology and Taekwondo Numbers). If you have any suggestions for quizzes, please let us know.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki. All rights reserved. Websites may link to Black Belt Wiki. However, the link must clearly reference Black Belt Wiki.
For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer.