Arnis/Eskrima/Kali - Angles of Attack
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info to wiki & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Learn About Arnis/Eskrima/Kali Angles of Attack
This page focuses on Arnis/Eskrima/Kali striking techniques that use weapons such as the Yantok (fighting stick), Baston (baton), etc.
These drills involve a student holding either one or two weapons.
For more techniques, please visit the main Arnis/Eskrima/Kali section.
12 Basic Arnis/Eskrima/Kali Weapon Strikes
- Strike to left temple
- Strike to right temple
- Strike to left shoulder
- Strike to right shoulder
- Strike to stomach/abdomen
- Strike to left chest
- Strike to right chest
- Strike to right knee
- Strike to left knee
- Strike to left eye
- Strike to right eye
- Strike to top of head
12 Basic Strikes for Arnis
Note: The numbering system for stick attack angles can vary greatly depending on the school. The most important part is knowing a number set for the purpose of training with a partner. What might be angle two in one system will be angle four in another. All angle sets should start with forehand strike to the left temple as this is the most common attack by a right handed person. Otherwise many angle numbering sets use strikes, slashes, and thrusts consisting of usually about 12 or so angles which are sometime cut down or stream lined for teaching beginners.
For more on single stick work please refer back to the Solo Baston page.
For more on the art please refer back to the main Kali/Arnis/Eskrima page.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Self-Defense Against A Clown Since America seems to be experiencing clown hysteria or at least a few idiots in clown suits trying to scare people, I thought you might like to watch Master Ken's latest video. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Community Experiment I have switched the replies sorting option to most popular first (versus most recent first). Therefore, you will see the replies with the most positive/up votes first (as there were lots of great answers to questions being buried under jokes, hi my nam...
- Sparring Gear, Medieval Armor or Industrial Footwear? You might find this an interesting "upgrade" to your existing martial arts sparring shin guards. :) Seriously, I think it is some type of industrial protective footwear. Ellwood Safety Appliance 323 Aluminum Shin-Instep Guard Amazon link to the produ...
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
- A Couple of less well known Karate Techniques Here are a couple of traditional Okinawan Karate Techniques that are still practiced (to some degree) in a few styles but are on the whole forgotten! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/2-okinawan-karate-deadly-techniques/
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.