List of ATA Taekwondo Forms
This section examines ATA Taekwondo forms such as Songahm 1 (white belt form). Forms are used by the ATA to practice certain moves (i.e. kicking techniques, self-defense techniques and various strikes) as well as for improving a student's physical conditioning, muscle memory, focus/concentration, balance, etc.
According to the American Taekwondo Association, "Songahm forms have been arranged as a system to gradually increase the student's skill, develop technical balance equally on the left and right side of the body, train muscles, and to develop students from the beginner level through the rank of Grand Master. This is why each Songahm form does not repeat most techniques more than twice and also why every technique which is done with a right arm/leg is also repeated with the left arm/leg."
ATA Taekwondo forms are copyrighted protected techniques. Therefore, we can not offer form instructions to you. Wiki members - Please do not post videos of ATA patterns/forms.
For other Taekwondo forms (i.e. WTF and ITF Taekwondo), please visit the main Forms & Katas section.
List of ATA Taekwondo Forms
- Songahm 1 (White Belt) - 18 moves
- Songahm 2 (Orange Belt) - 23 moves
- Songahm 3 (Yellow Belt) - 28 moves
- Songahm 4 (Camo Belt) - 31 moves
- Songahm 5 (Green Belt) - 34 moves
- INWHA 1 - In Wha Il Jahng (Purple Belt) - 44 moves
- INWHA 2 - In Wha Ee Jahng (Blue Belt) - 42 moves
- Choong Jung 1 (Brown Belt) - 44 moves
- Choong Jung 2 (Red Belt & Recommended Black Belt) - 46 moves
- Shim Jun (1st Degree Black Belt) - 81 moves
- Jung Yul (2nd Degree Back Belt) - 82 moves
- Chung San (3rd Degree Black Belt) - 83 moves
- Sok Bong (4th Degree Black Belt) - 84 moves
- Chung Hae (5th Degree Black Belt) - 95 moves
- Jhang Soo (6th Degree Black Belt) - 96 moves
- Chul Joon (7th Degree Black Belt) - 97 moves
- Jeong Seung (8th Degree Black Belt) - 98 moves
- Dong Seung (9th Degree Black Belt) - 99 moves
- American Taekwondo Association, Forms, http://www.ataonline.com/taekwondo/belts/forms.asp, Added - 09/13/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- What are your Hidden Mysteries that dictate life balance ? There are inside and outside perspectives from every karate-ka and at every level. Providing a balanced perspective is the aim of success, but there is so much misinformation out there, that interested lay people and curious practioners might not be a...
- New Developments for "Not WIthout a Fight" I am very happy to be working with David Kahn https://www.israelikrav.com/ who is not only a historian but the US Chief Instructor for Israeli Krav Maga. As I have mentioned before, "Not Without a Fight" is a novel based on a true story about a Jewish...
- How to Learn Martial Arts from a Video It is quite a coincidence that the worth of MA videos has recently been a topic here. Sensei Ando just released this video which right off the bat states that you need an instructor. Nonetheless, he gives some tips on how to get the best out of what ...
- Contraversial Ok everyone here I go! At some point and time, I would like to think that we have watch a MMA or a UFC fight. Yes? No? Anyway, what do you think as far as technique striking (hands only), choking, takedowns, kicking goes good? bad? or indifferent? ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics