List of ATA Taekwondo Forms
This section examines ATA Taekwondo forms such as Songahm 1 (white belt form). Forms are used by the ATA to practice certain moves (i.e. kicking techniques, self-defense techniques and various strikes) as well as for improving a student's physical conditioning, muscle memory, focus/concentration, balance, etc.
According to the American Taekwondo Association, "Songahm forms have been arranged as a system to gradually increase the student's skill, develop technical balance equally on the left and right side of the body, train muscles, and to develop students from the beginner level through the rank of Grand Master. This is why each Songahm form does not repeat most techniques more than twice and also why every technique which is done with a right arm/leg is also repeated with the left arm/leg."
ATA Taekwondo forms are copyrighted protected techniques. Therefore, we can not offer form instructions to you. Wiki members - Please do not post videos of ATA patterns/forms.
For other Taekwondo forms (i.e. WTF and ITF Taekwondo), please visit the main Forms & Katas section.
List of ATA Taekwondo Forms
- Songahm 1 (White Belt) - 18 moves
- Songahm 2 (Orange Belt) - 23 moves
- Songahm 3 (Yellow Belt) - 28 moves
- Songahm 4 (Camo Belt) - 31 moves
- Songahm 5 (Green Belt) - 34 moves
- INWHA 1 - In Wha Il Jahng (Purple Belt) - 44 moves
- INWHA 2 - In Wha Ee Jahng (Blue Belt) - 42 moves
- Choong Jung 1 (Brown Belt) - 44 moves
- Choong Jung 2 (Red Belt & Recommended Black Belt) - 46 moves
- Shim Jun (1st Degree Black Belt) - 81 moves
- Jung Yul (2nd Degree Back Belt) - 82 moves
- Chung San (3rd Degree Black Belt) - 83 moves
- Sok Bong (4th Degree Black Belt) - 84 moves
- Chung Hae (5th Degree Black Belt) - 95 moves
- Jhang Soo (6th Degree Black Belt) - 96 moves
- Chul Joon (7th Degree Black Belt) - 97 moves
- Jeong Seung (8th Degree Black Belt) - 98 moves
- Dong Seung (9th Degree Black Belt) - 99 moves
- American Taekwondo Association, Forms, http://www.ataonline.com/taekwondo/belts/forms.asp, Added - 09/13/14
Latest Informational Pages Added to Wiki
Popular & Highly Rated Community Posts
Recent Member Posts Added to Community
- Martial Arts: Should I do it? Martial Arts: "Should I do it?" Article by Andrew L. Patterson (Published on Physical Security Online) Driving through Anytown, USA, one might see a Karate School and think something like "Should I do it?", or "Is it worth it?" The simple an...
- newby hi guys, first off thanks for having me, well im 48 and trying to get in shape ! always been interested in learning the art for balance in life. i need beginner material thanks
- Irimi Training "Irimi" or "entering" is primarily used and studied in aikido, though other martial arts use similar concepts.
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi