Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info and help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc.
List of Best Samurai Movies
Here is our list of the best samurai movies ever made. This list is not in rank order. Add your favorites samurai films to the list. Click on the samurai movie titles in order to see their movie trailers, read movie reviews, etc.
Other Movie Categories
- Harakiri - A 1963 samurai movie that received a perfect 100 from the movie review site, Rotten Tomatoes.
- Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto - Part one of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple - Part two of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island - Part three of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai Assassin - A 1965 Japanese movie starring Toshiro Mifune. This plot revolves around an assassination plot against a senior Shogun official.
- Sanjuro - A 1962 samurai movie starring Toshiro Mifune. This movie is seen as the sequel to Yojimbo.
- Seven Samurai - A 1954 Japanese martial arts movie starring Toshiro Mifune. A poor village hires seven samurai to defend them against hundreds of bandits. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- The Sword of Doom - A 1966 Japanese movie focused on a skilled but amoral swordsman who slowly goes insane.
- The Tale of Zatoichi - This is a classic 1962 martial arts movie focused on a blind former samurai who is a master swordsman. The success of this movie generated numerous sequels. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- 13 Assassins - A 2010 samurai movie. Very bloody ending.
- Twilight Samurai - A 2002 samurai movie focused on a lowly samurai who cares deeply for his young daughters. A very tender movie.
- When The Last Sword Is Drawn - A 2003 samurai movie that focuses on a samurai willing to do anything for his family. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- Yojimbo - This 1961 Japanese martial arts movie was the basis for Clint Eastwood's "A Fistful of Dollars". The movie starred Toshiro Mifune and was directed by Akira Kurosawa.
Samurai TV Series
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
Join the wiki community. Ask questions & discuss techniques, kata, etc.
- Help tracing kanji for kata In my spare time (laughing!!) I have started taking sho-do classes. This is partly to understand more kanji when I see it and help with Japanese in general and partly to help with a larger project I am doing to preserve the history of our style. Anyway...
- Are martial arts movies good or bad for martial arts? Did you get sucked into martial arts after you had seen Bruce Lee fight his way upstairs the pagoda in “Game of Death”? Good, and you are certainly not the only one! But are martial arts movies actually good or bad for martial arts? Martial arts movies...
- Promoting the not worthy part 2. As we all know I decided to not promote a certain young lad this week. I suprised everyone with a mock testing. Of course I promoted all who met the requirements. 2. And several stripes were awarded. I was willing to promote the wild child if he co...
- Martial Arts in Motion Picture As a bit of a fluke, it appears I have an opportunity to appear as a close quarter combat fighter in a motion picture. I have a dual career as an attorney and a writer. Recently, I wrote a book about a Jewish Resistance fighter in WWII Poland. One of ...
- Own Dojo From all of you experienced martial art peeps, when do you think someone can start a dojo? My Sensei is giving me his Community Center dojo when I become a black belt sometime next year. He is letting me create the curriculum and run it how I want. I ...
- Taido - Japanese Martial Arts Just added Taido to the wiki's list of martial arts. This Japanese martial arts looks sort of like a combination of Karate and gymnastics. The Japanese creator of Taido thought Karate was too "linear" and he wanted to upgrade Karate with more dynamic ...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Or if you more tech-oriented, you can follow us on Twitter.
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.