List of Best Samurai Movies
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info to wiki & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
List of Best Samurai Movies
Here is our list of the best samurai movies ever made. This list is not in rank order. Add your favorites samurai films to the list. Click on the samurai movie titles in order to see their movie trailers, read movie reviews, etc.
Other Movie Categories
- Harakiri - A 1963 samurai movie that received a perfect 100 from the movie review site, Rotten Tomatoes.
- Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto - Part one of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple - Part two of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island - Part three of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai Assassin - A 1965 Japanese movie starring Toshiro Mifune. This plot revolves around an assassination plot against a senior Shogun official.
- Sanjuro - A 1962 samurai movie starring Toshiro Mifune. This movie is seen as the sequel to Yojimbo.
- Seven Samurai - A 1954 Japanese martial arts movie starring Toshiro Mifune. A poor village hires seven samurai to defend them against hundreds of bandits. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- The Sword of Doom - A 1966 Japanese movie focused on a skilled but amoral swordsman who slowly goes insane.
- The Tale of Zatoichi - This is a classic 1962 martial arts movie focused on a blind former samurai who is a master swordsman. The success of this movie generated numerous sequels. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- 13 Assassins - A 2010 samurai movie. Very bloody ending.
- Twilight Samurai - A 2002 samurai movie focused on a lowly samurai who cares deeply for his young daughters. A very tender movie.
- When The Last Sword Is Drawn - A 2003 samurai movie that focuses on a samurai willing to do anything for his family. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- Yojimbo - This 1961 Japanese martial arts movie was the basis for Clint Eastwood's "A Fistful of Dollars". The movie starred Toshiro Mifune and was directed by Akira Kurosawa.
Samurai TV Series
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Functional Kata I have been working on the Ashihara Karate section of the wiki. I like how they break out their kata by function. Rather than some elaborate traditional kata with a huge variety of moves (i.e. kicks, punches, throws, sweeps, etc.) & hidden meaning/tech...
- Dog and dog owner defense. Recently my 6 yr old was charged by a "friendly dog"... he ran into the street in fear. Thankfully this is a slow street. The owner is being a bag of snot. Saying "my dog never bit any one" and getting an attitude when I quote the leash and fence l...
- Kudo Helmet Since we are talking about the "different" type of protective headgear used in Daido Juku Kudo, I thought that you might like to watch this video that shows off the headgear. Looks like it is designed to be protective but also offer a lot of visibility...
- One Step Sparring Are there other sites that show one step sparring? I have reviewed all of the ones i was able to find yet i am unable to locate the One Steps i have been taught.
- Daido Juku Kudo - A Japanese Full Contact Martial Arts Daido Juku Kudo is a mixed martial arts style from Japan. It allows punches, kicks, elbow strikes, grappling and even head butts during their fights. Fighters have to wear gis and a strange bubble-like headgear. Not sure why this type of headgear - ma...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.