Join Black Belt Wiki. Membership is free. Help build this martial arts wiki so everyone can learn new techniques, katas, etc.
Benefits - Free membership, add your martial arts site to the reference section of pages that you edit, add your site to the Blog or School Directory & no ads at the top for members. Students & instructors can help with instructions (i.e. Shotokan Katas, Kicks, Taekwondo Forms, Aikido Techniques, Goju-Ryu Katas, Bo Staff Techniques, Krav Maga Techniques, etc.), fitness fanatics with Strength & Stretching, grapplers with Submissions, etc.
Share This Wiki
Best Samurai Movies Ever Made
Here is our list of the best samurai movies ever made. This list is not in rank order. Add your favorites samurai films to the list.
Click on the samurai movie titles in order to see their movie trailers, read movie reviews, etc.
For our list of the best martial arts films, please visit our main martial arts movies section.
- Harakiri - A 1963 samurai movie that received a perfect 100 from the movie review site, Rotten Tomatoes.
- Samurai I: Musashi Miyamoto - Part one of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai II: Duel at Ichijoji Temple - Part two of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai III: Duel at Ganryu Island - Part three of a trilogy focused on Musashi Miyamoto, Japan's most famous swordsman. The legendary Toshiro Mifune plays Musashi Miyamoto in these samurai movies.
- Samurai Assassin - A 1965 Japanese movie starring Toshiro Mifune. This plot revolves around an assassin plot against a senior Shogun official.
- Sanjuro - A 1962 samurai movie starring Toshiro Mifune. This movie is seen as the sequel to Yojimbo.
- Seven Samurai - A 1954 Japanese martial arts movie starring Toshiro Mifune. A poor village hires seven samurai to defend them against hundreds of bandits. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- The Sword of Doom - A 1966 Japanese movie focused on a skilled but amoral swordsman who slowly goes insane.
- The Tale of Zatoichi - This is a classic 1962 martial arts movie focused on a blind former samurai who is a master swordsman. The success of this movie generated numerous sequels. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- 13 Assassins - A 2010 samurai movie. Very bloody ending.
- Twilight Samurai - A 2002 samurai movie focused on a lowly samurai who cares deeply for his young daughters. A very tender movie.
- When The Last Sword Is Drawn - A 2003 samurai movie that focuses on a samurai willing to do anything for his family. This page allows you to watch the complete movie for free via Hulu (but with Hulu ads).
- Yojimbo - This 1961 Japanese martial arts movie was the basis for Clint Eastwood's "A Fistful of Dollars". The movie starred Toshiro Mifune and was directed by Akira Kurosawa.
Resources on Amazon
Classic Martial Arts Movie DVDs
Can't find something? Try our wiki search engine.
Members - Please verify the accuracy of any edits with an online reference.
There are often different ways to perform a similar named kata/technique as there can be differences between schools, associations and styles.
Support this wiki. At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission on any Amazon or eBay purchase made below. Help keep this wiki free for all visitors.
Martial Arts - Books | Adidas | Compression | DVDs | Kicking Bags | MMA | Other | Party | Plyometrics | Shoes | Sparring | Speed | Sports Vitamins | Strength | Training Gear | Uniforms | Used Equipment | Wiki
The material contained herein may not be reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki. All rights reserved.