Books for Taekwondo Students
Here is our selection of the best books focused on Taekwondo. These are our favorite Taekwondo books on Amazon and cover Taekwondo techniques, forms & patterns, philosophy and much more. All of these Taekwondo books have at least 4 stars on Amazon. We have also added popular Taekwondo DVDs & products. For other popular martial arts books (i.e. Krav Maga or BJJ), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section.
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free. Thank you for your support!
Popular & Highly-Rated Taekwondo Books - Our favorites!
- A Killing Art: The Untold History of Tae Kwon Do - This book looks at "the origin of the most popular martial art" and follows Choi (considered by many as the founder of Taekwondo) "from the 1938 poker game where he fought for his life, through high-class geisha houses where the art was named, and into the Vietnam War where the martial art evolved into a killing art".
- Competitive Taekwondo - This book provides information on Taekwondo sparring techniques, tactics and conditioning programs.
- The Complete Book Of Taekwon Do Forms - This Taekwondo book focuses on the Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt forms used in WTF Taekwondo.
- Complete Taekwondo Poomsae: The Official Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt Forms of Taekwondo
- The Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Patterns - This excellent Taekwondo book is focused on ITF patterns.
- Modern Taekwondo: The Official Training Manual - This Taekwondo book examines Taekwondo's history, philosophy, breaking, sparring and much more.
- This Is Taekwon-Do, Book + DVD-ROM, ITF Colourbelt Syllabus with First Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha - Book & DVD set focused on ITF Taekwondo.
- Taekwondo: Ancient Wisdom for the Modern Warrior
- Taekwondo: A Path to Excellence
- Taekwondo Kyorugi: Olympic Style Sparring - This Taekwondo book focuses on the "skills, drills, strategies and methods used by Korean coaches and competitors for years. Footwork, kicks, hand target drills, heavy bag workouts, coaching, combinations, strategy, professional training, opponent analysis, conditioning, weight control, competition tips" & more.
- Taekwondo: State of the Art - An outstanding book focused on Taekwondo with illustrated instructions for WTF forms.
- Tae Kwon Do: The Indomitable Martial Art of Korea
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Please visit the wiki community to see the most recent members posts. However, we have listed below some of the top-rated posts added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated martial arts questions & answers. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Wiki Store - Books | DVDs | Shoes | Sparring Gear | Uniforms