Best Books for Taekwondo Students
Here is our selection of the best books focused on Taekwondo. These are our favorite Taekwondo books and cover Taekwondo techniques, forms & patterns, philosophy and much more. All of these Taekwondo books have at least 4 stars on Amazon. We have also added popular Taekwondo DVDs & products. For other popular martial arts books (i.e. Krav Maga or BJJ), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section.
At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps to keep this wiki free for all vistors. Thank you for your support!
Popular & Highly-Rated Taekwondo Books - Our favorites!
- A Killing Art: The Untold History of Tae Kwon Do - This book looks at "the origin of the most popular martial art" and follows Choi (considered by many as the founder of Taekwondo) "from the 1938 poker game where he fought for his life, through high-class geisha houses where the art was named, and into the Vietnam War where the martial art evolved into a killing art".
- Competitive Taekwondo - This book provides information on Taekwondo sparring techniques, tactics and conditioning programs.
- The Complete Book Of Taekwon Do Forms - This Taekwondo book focuses on the Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt forms used in WTF Taekwondo.
- Complete Taekwondo Poomsae: The Official Taegeuk, Palgwae and Black Belt Forms of Taekwondo
- The Encyclopedia of Taekwon-Do Patterns - This excellent Taekwondo book is focused on ITF patterns.
- Modern Taekwondo: The Official Training Manual - This Taekwondo book examines Taekwondo's history, philosophy, breaking, sparring and much more.
- This Is Taekwon-Do, Book + DVD-ROM, ITF Colourbelt Syllabus with First Grand Master Rhee Ki Ha - Book & DVD set focused on ITF Taekwondo.
- Taekwondo: Ancient Wisdom for the Modern Warrior - This Taekwondo books teaches how "principles such as honor, perseverance, and dedication will enhance your daily life, how the philosophical and physical tenets combine to form not only a way of living, but a solid system of self-defense".
- Taekwondo: A Path to Excellence
- Taekwondo Kyorugi: Olympic Style Sparring - This Taekwondo book focuses on the "skills, drills, strategies and methods used by Korean coaches and competitors for years. Footwork, kicks, hand target drills, heavy bag workouts, coaching, combinations, strategy, professional training, opponent analysis, conditioning, weight control, competition tips" & more.
- Taekwondo: State of the Art - An outstanding book focused on Taekwondo with illustrated instructions for WTF forms.
- Tae Kwon Do: The Indomitable Martial Art of Korea
- Ultimate Flexibility - In order to excel at Taekwondo, you need to be very flexible (esp. for high or spinning kicks). This popular stretching & flexibility book was written by a well-known Taekwondo instructor. 4 1/2 stars on Amazon.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi