Bo Staff - How To Do A Thrust
Help others by adding details to this martial arts wiki. Click here to join. Martial artists can help with instructions (i.e. Shotokan Kata, Kicks, WTF Forms, Punches, ITF Patterns, Aikido Techniques, Goju-Ryu Kata, Krav Maga Techniques, Bo Staff, Other Katas), sports & fitness buffs with Strength, Conditioning, Stretching & Warm-Ups, grapplers with Submissions, etc. Please join & help others.
Member benefits - It is free. Help beginners. You will not see top ads on wiki, can win prizes, can list your site on pages where you add info & much more.
Bo Staff - How To Do A Thrust
This page provides details on how to do a Bo Staff Thrust. This strike is often used in self-defense and sparring in order to attack the head or body of an opponent. This technique is only slightly different than a Bo Staff Poke due to the hand grip utilized.
These video instructions will help beginning martial artists learn how to use a Bo Staff for demonstrations, self-defense and sparring purposes.
For other Bo Staff instructional information, visit the main Bo Staff Techniques section.
Sign up for our free wiki newsletter. We promise to send only 1 or 2 email newsletters per month.
Every quarter, the top three wiki contributors (in terms of quality & quantity) will win martial arts prizes (i.e. kicking paddles or martial arts books). Visit our Rewards for Best Wiki Contributors page for more information. So get typing & win a prize!
Also try out our new martial arts social network - Black Belt Wiki Community!
It is easy to log-in with Facebook. Post questions, discuss techniques & kata, etc.
To learn more, please visit the Community FAQ.
- 05/18/15 - Over the past week, we have been expanding the Women's Self-Defense section, adding US Army Combative techniques to use against an attacker armed with a knife, Chris has added a number of new Joints pages, Andy has posted more martial arts weapons pages such as Chinese Deer Horn Knives and "weapons style" pages such as Kyujutsu, etc.
- 05/15/15 - We have been adding upcoming martial arts movies (i.e. Jackie Chan's Police Story Lockdown) and their movie trailers to a movie channel on Black Belt Wiki Community.
- 05/13/15 - Our thanks!! to Rachel on our Black Belt Wiki Community for pointing out that we should add ground defense techniques to the Women's Self-Defense section. We have added a number already such as Ground Defensive Positions, Kicking While on the Ground and Escapes from a Mounted Choke. We will add more over the next week or so.
- 05/12/15 - The Black Belt Wiki Community is now open & fully running. We are seeing some interesting topics such as "Where are all the karate women?" and "What movie inspired you to start your martial arts training?". I hope you will come & add your thoughts to these conversations. Hint - It is super easy to join if you have a Facebook account. Of course, you can also join if you do not have a Facebook account.
- 05/10/15 - We are working on a new Kung Fu Weapons section. If there are any experts in traditional Chinese martial arts weapons and/or Kung Fu, we would love your help in order to build out this section.
- 05/09/15 - Top posters on the Black Belt Wiki Community also have a chance to win the prizes that are awarded every quarter.
- 05/08/15 - Check out our new Black Belt Wiki Community. This section is much easier to join (than the wiki) as we want to encourage all martial arts enthusiasts to share their thoughts, ask questions, post martial arts movie trailers, etc. You can easily log-in with your Facebook or Linkedin account. Right now, this community site is in beta testing so please try it out and tell us what you think. It should be fully "live" next week.
- 05/06/15 - Remember that you can win prizes for contributing to this martial arts wiki. You have until 6/30/15 in order to participate in this quarter's prize opportunities. So get typing! Help beginners… and yourself. :)
Top-Rated & Popular Community Posts
FYI - You can join this community by clicking
on the "Post Something" button (top right of the main community page).
Before You Leave… Please Become A Wiki Member!
Help others learn about techniques, different martial arts styles & sports fitness (i.e. strength training).
Like this wiki? Then link to us.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer.