Bo Staff - How To Do A Thrust
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info to wiki & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc.
Bo Staff - How To Do A Thrust
This page provides details on how to do a Bo Staff Thrust. This strike is often used in self-defense and sparring in order to attack the head or body of an opponent. This technique is only slightly different than a Bo Staff Poke due to the hand grip utilized.
These video instructions will help beginning martial artists learn how to use a Bo Staff for demonstrations, self-defense and sparring purposes.
For other Bo Staff instructional information, visit the main Bo Staff Techniques section.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
- Elvis Presley & Martial Arts [171807,Andy] has promised us an Elvis & Michael Jackson concert. So until Elvis can escape from his alien abductors or comes out of hiding from the Amazon, I thought you would like to see a video on Elvis' martial arts "expertise". :) Elvis was a st...
- What type of Karate sparring should be in the 2020 Olympics? As you know, Karate kumite (sparring) will be in the 2020 Tokyo Olympics. Should it be no contact, point sparring or full contact? I have added a poll to the wiki that allows you to vote on this question - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/what-type-of-ka...
- Invite your friends to join the Wiki Community Help this community to grow by inviting your friends to join. More members means more martial arts discussions, more knowledge and more people to laugh (or is that groan) at [171807,Andy] 's and [212770,Al W] 's jokes. :) Here is the "join" link - htt...
- Children & Kata If kids at your school are having trouble with kata, you should show them this video. This little girl is amazing - such focus and intensity. Hopefully, your students can learn from her. Will Black Belt Wiki
- UFC clone but with martial arts weapons Looks like someone is developing a UFC-like organization but the fighters would be fully armored and use martial arts weapons. Interesting idea but I think people like seeing the blood in UFC fights versus guys in padded suits taking tons of hits tha...
- Help tracing kanji for kata In my spare time (laughing!!) I have started taking sho-do classes. This is partly to understand more kanji when I see it and help with Japanese in general and partly to help with a larger project I am doing to preserve the history of our style. Anyway...
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Or if you more tech-oriented, you can follow us on Twitter.
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Members of the wiki community can ask questions and discuss martial arts techniques, kata, etc.
Join the Wiki Community