Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 09 Jul 2015 11:49
Facts about Bruce Lee
This section is focused on Bruce Lee, probably the best known martial artist of all time. The following is a list of important martial arts techniques and events associated with Bruce Lee.
- Bruce Lee was born in 1940 in San Francisco.
- Famous Bruce Lee martial arts movies include the following films:
- Enter the Dragon
- Fist of Fury
- Way of the Dragon with Chuck Norris
- The popular Ip Man movies series was based on Yip Man, who was Bruce Lee's first formal martial arts instructor (beyond Lee's father). Bruce Lee learned Wing Chun from Yip Man (when Bruce Lee was a teenager).
- Bruce Lee was the founder of the martial arts style known as Jeet Kune Do.
- He popularized the famous one inch punch.
- Diet information - Bruce Lee focused on health foods, high-protein drinks, supplements and vitamins. He avoided refined flour and baked goods.
- Due to inadequate warm-up and stretching before a strenuous exercise routine, Bruce Lee severely injured himself. According to BruceLee.com, "Bruce picked up a 125-pound barbell and did a “good morning” exercise. That consists of resting the barbell on one’s shoulders and bending straight over at the waist. After much pain and many tests, it was determined that he had sustained an injury to the fourth sacral nerve. He was ordered to complete bed rest and told that undoubtedly he would never do gung fu again. For the next six months, Bruce stayed in bed."
- Bruce Lee died in 1973.
- Bruce Lee's grave site is located at 1554 15th Avenue East, Seattle, WA, USA. It is a martial arts "tourist" destination.
- BruceLee.com, Biography, http://www.brucelee.com/bruceleecom/file/biography.pdf, Added - 06/22/15
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Judo as Insurance Sometimes martial arts training is necessary so you can follow a different goal. This award winning ad was created for American Family Insurance. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Karate Nerd in Okinawa Jesse Enkamp has once again travelled to Okinawa, the Home of Karate, and this time he's taking us with him. Having watched this it makes me want to go to Okinawa and Japan even more. I have found it very informative, and entertaining. It's not all ab...
- Community "Clean Up" In about a week, I will be doing a little spring cleaning... all members who have never posted or commented on a conversation will be deleted. Also if you were an active poster but haven't posted or commented in the past year, we will also review your ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics