Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Conditioning, etc. Talk with fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 09 Jul 2015 11:49
Facts about Bruce Lee
This section is focused on Bruce Lee, probably the best known martial artist of all time. The following is a list of important martial arts techniques and events associated with Bruce Lee.
- Bruce Lee was born in 1940 in San Francisco.
- Famous Bruce Lee martial arts movies include the following films:
- Enter the Dragon
- Fist of Fury
- Way of the Dragon with Chuck Norris
- The popular Ip Man movies series was based on Yip Man, who was Bruce Lee's first formal martial arts instructor (beyond Lee's father). Bruce Lee learned Wing Chun from Yip Man (when Bruce Lee was a teenager).
- Bruce Lee was the founder of the martial arts style known as Jeet Kune Do.
- He popularized the famous one inch punch.
- Diet information - Bruce Lee focused on health foods, high-protein drinks, supplements and vitamins. He avoided refined flour and baked goods.
- Due to inadequate warm-up and stretching before a strenuous exercise routine, Bruce Lee severely injured himself. According to BruceLee.com, "Bruce picked up a 125-pound barbell and did a “good morning” exercise. That consists of resting the barbell on one’s shoulders and bending straight over at the waist. After much pain and many tests, it was determined that he had sustained an injury to the fourth sacral nerve. He was ordered to complete bed rest and told that undoubtedly he would never do gung fu again. For the next six months, Bruce stayed in bed."
- Bruce Lee died in 1973.
- Bruce Lee's grave site is located at 1554 15th Avenue East, Seattle, WA, USA. It is a martial arts "tourist" destination.
- BruceLee.com, Biography, http://www.brucelee.com/bruceleecom/file/biography.pdf, Added - 06/22/15
Latest Informational Pages Added to Wiki
Popular & Highly Rated Community Posts
Recent Member Posts Added to Community
- Irimi Training "Irimi" or "entering" is primarily used and studied in aikido, though other martial arts use similar concepts.
- MMA vs Thai Chi (sort of) Here is a video that has apparently gone viral in China showing what happens when a 'self styled' Tai Chi 'master' comes up against years of dedicated MA training http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/28/mma-vs-tai-chi.php
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi