Budokon - Hybrid Yoga & Martial Arts System
Budokon is a hybrid system that combines martial arts training with Yoga. This system was created by Kancho Cameron Shayne and Budokon University was founded in 2001.
According to Budokon University, "We use the Martial Arts in the developmental areas of emotion and movement. Along with the ability to defend oneself, Martial Arts brings to the surface many underdeveloped areas in the student from physical weakness to unresolved emotional fears. There are numerous philosophical Martial Arts principles applied and taught in regard to self awareness, leadership, and service that apply to all areas of development. The Yogic work is used both physically and philosophically as a way to identify and heal emotional and physical injuries. We teach primarily Yoga posture (Hatha Yoga) with no emphasis on yoga as an expression of religious theology. We ultimately use the Yogic and Martial Arts as a way to measure the students physical and emotional growth throughout the course. Each system serves to elevate the student to peak physical and mental condition as well as teaching practical self defense."
Budokon and Yoga Training
- Budokon University, About, http://budokonuniversity.com/, Added - 08/27/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Rewrapping sai - looking for advice Last summer, the cheap wraps on one of my sai started coming off. I decided to look up how to change the wrap, and found two videos in particular that greatly assisted me. Below is a link to a picture with one original (black) wrap and one sai with t...
- Positives AND negatives for new martial arts students over 60? Since we have a good number of "mature" :) martial arts students & instructors on this site, I thought you might like to share some of your knowledge & give some advice. What would you tell to a person who was over 60 and thinking about joining a marti...
- New member Hi Everyone I am really happy to join this group and get to know you all.
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Parties - Martial Arts-Themed Party Items
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews