Instructions for Chito-Ryu Kata - Ni Ju Hichi Ko (or Nijuhichiko)
This page provides instructions for Chito-Ryu Karate Kata - Ni Ju Hichi Ko (or Nijuhichiko). For additional Chito-Ryu katas, please visit the main Chito-Ryu Katas page. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section. Written kata instructions for Ni Ju Hichi Ko (or Nijuhichiko) are listed below the video.
Video Demonstration of Kata - Ni Ju Hichi Ko (or Nijuhichiko)
Written Instructions for Kata - Ni Ju Hichi Ko (or Nijuhichiko)
- Left jodan-age uke (high-block)
- Right jodan-age uke (high-block)
- Left soto-uke (Inside to outside block)
- Right soto-uke (Inside to outside block)
- Left uchi-uke (Outside to inside block)
- Right uchi-uke (Outside to inside block)
- Left gedan berai (low block)
- Right gedan berai (low block)
- Left chudan-zuki (middle area punch from uchi-hachiji-dachi)
- Right chudan-zuki (middle area punch from uchi-hachiji-dachi)
- Left chudan-kagi-zuki (middle area side punch)
- Right chudan-kagi-zuki (middle area side punch)
- Left jodan-ushiro-mawashi-zuki (high, rearward, roundhouse punch)
- Right jodan-ushiro-mawashi-zuki (high, rearward, roundhouse punch)
- Left tate-empi-uchi (face elbow strike)
- Right tate-empi-uchi (face elbow strike)
- Left shuto-uke (open hand block)
- Right shuto-uke (open hand block)
- Left chudan-teisho-uchi (open hand palm forward strike)
- Right chudan-teisho-uchi (open hand palm forward strike)
- Left yoko-empi-uchi, mawashi-empi-uchi (side, elbow strike in shiko-dachi, roundhouse elbow strike)
- Right yoko-empi-uchi, mawashi-empi-uchi (side, elbow strike in shiko-dachi, roundhouse elbow strike)
- Left jodan-ushiro-mawashi-empi-uchi (high, rearward, roundhouse, elbow strike)
- Right jodan-ushiro-mawashi-empi-uchi (high, rearward, roundhouse, elbow strike)
- Ushiro-empi-uchi (rearward, elbow strike both elbows at once) - Yell (Kiai)
- Kennebecasis Valley Karate Club, Beginner's Corner, http://www.nbchitoryu.com/kvkarate/Beginners_Kihons.html, Added - 06/23/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- What are your Hidden Mysteries that dictate life balance ? There are inside and outside perspectives from every karate-ka and at every level. Providing a balanced perspective is the aim of success, but there is so much misinformation out there, that interested lay people and curious practioners might not be a...
- New Developments for "Not WIthout a Fight" I am very happy to be working with David Kahn https://www.israelikrav.com/ who is not only a historian but the US Chief Instructor for Israeli Krav Maga. As I have mentioned before, "Not Without a Fight" is a novel based on a true story about a Jewish...
- How to Learn Martial Arts from a Video It is quite a coincidence that the worth of MA videos has recently been a topic here. Sensei Ando just released this video which right off the bat states that you need an instructor. Nonetheless, he gives some tips on how to get the best out of what ...
- Contraversial Ok everyone here I go! At some point and time, I would like to think that we have watch a MMA or a UFC fight. Yes? No? Anyway, what do you think as far as technique striking (hands only), choking, takedowns, kicking goes good? bad? or indifferent? ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics