Instructions for Chito-Ryu Kata - Zenshin Kotai
This page provides instructions for Chito-Ryu Karate Kata - Zenshin Kotai. This is a kihon kata used by Chito-Ryu. For additional Chito-Ryu katas, please visit the main Chito-Ryu Katas page.
If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video on Chito-Ryu Kata - Zenshin Kotai
Instructions for Kata
- Right foot steps forward, punch right hand
- Left foot steps forward, punch left hand
- Left foot back, punch right hand
- Right foot back, punch left hand
- Look right, right foot to left foot, then out to the right, finish in seisan-dachi (universal stance)
- Right arm soto-uke (inside outside) block
- Left hand reverse punch
- Right hand punch
- Turn 180 degrees, turn on right foot, drawing left foot back then out again into seisan dachi (universal stance)
- Left arm soto-uke (inside outside) block
- Right hand reverse punch
- Left hand punch
- Look 180 degrees over right shoulder.
- Raise right foot to left knee, right arm gedan-barai (downward) block
- Bring right hand to hip, and side kick with right foot, land in uchi-hachiji-dachi (inverted open leg stance or Inside Character "8" Stance)
- Look to left
- Raise left foot to right knee, left arm gedan-barai (downward) block
- Bring left hand to hip, and side kick with left foot, land in uchi-hachiji-dachi (inverted open leg stance or Inside Character "8" Stance)
- As soon as foot hits the floor, punch with right hand forward to middle area
- Three alternate punches to middle area with kiai on last punch.
- International Chito-Ryu Karate Federation of Australia, http://www.chitoryu.com.au/, Added - 06/15/14
- Chito-Ryu Karatedo, Kihon Katas, http://www.chitoryu.hk/htm/videos.htm, Added - 06/17/14
- Kennebecasis Valley Karate Club, Beginner's Corner, http://www.nbchitoryu.com/kvkarate/Beginners_Kihons.html, Added - 06/23/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Please visit the wiki community to see the most recent members posts. However, we have listed below some of the top-rated posts added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated martial arts questions & answers. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.