Instructions for Chito-Ryu Kata - Zenshin Kotai
This page provides instructions for Chito-Ryu Karate Kata - Zenshin Kotai. This is a kihon kata used by Chito-Ryu. For additional Chito-Ryu katas, please visit the main Chito-Ryu Katas page.
If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video on Chito-Ryu Kata - Zenshin Kotai
Instructions for Kata
- Right foot steps forward, punch right hand
- Left foot steps forward, punch left hand
- Left foot back, punch right hand
- Right foot back, punch left hand
- Look right, right foot to left foot, then out to the right, finish in seisan-dachi (universal stance)
- Right arm soto-uke (inside outside) block
- Left hand reverse punch
- Right hand punch
- Turn 180 degrees, turn on right foot, drawing left foot back then out again into seisan dachi (universal stance)
- Left arm soto-uke (inside outside) block
- Right hand reverse punch
- Left hand punch
- Look 180 degrees over right shoulder.
- Raise right foot to left knee, right arm gedan-barai (downward) block
- Bring right hand to hip, and side kick with right foot, land in uchi-hachiji-dachi (inverted open leg stance or Inside Character "8" Stance)
- Look to left
- Raise left foot to right knee, left arm gedan-barai (downward) block
- Bring left hand to hip, and side kick with left foot, land in uchi-hachiji-dachi (inverted open leg stance or Inside Character "8" Stance)
- As soon as foot hits the floor, punch with right hand forward to middle area
- Three alternate punches to middle area with kiai on last punch.
- International Chito-Ryu Karate Federation of Australia, http://www.chitoryu.com.au/, Added - 06/15/14
- Chito-Ryu Karatedo, Kihon Katas, http://www.chitoryu.hk/htm/videos.htm, Added - 06/17/14
- Kennebecasis Valley Karate Club, Beginner's Corner, http://www.nbchitoryu.com/kvkarate/Beginners_Kihons.html, Added - 06/23/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Bruce Lee's letters CBS did a recent show focusing on the philosophical commentary in Bruce Lee's letters. It also semi-looks at his daughter's role in Bruce Lee's archives & maintaining his legacy. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi