Defenses Against A Front Shirt Grab
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 10 Apr 2015 16:39
Defenses Against A Front Shirt Grab
This page focuses on self-defense techniques that allow students to escape from a front shirt grab or a front shoulder grab.
For more self-defense techniques, please visit the main Self-Defense section.
An easy self protection technique against a shirt grab.
- As you opponent places there hand on you, with the same hand clap down onto it and do not let it go.
- With the opposite leg to the hand you have used to clap on with, step back and turn so you are at 90 degree's to the opponent, they should start moving towards you.
- Raise elbow of hand you have just clapped onto them with so they fall onto this, the target can be anywhere, chest, neck face etc.
- As soon as this connects straighten that arm and push back on attacker, using front leg to trip opponent and release trapped hand. Or alternatively, wrap the arm which just elbowed them around the neck so they are back facing floor in a choke, with other arm elbow strike to stomach, and drive them to floor.
What we have used there is to hyper extend there body by pulling them onto your elbow, also there own weight onto this strike, so this if done quickly can be quite effective.
Aikido - Defense Against A Front Grab
Krav Maga - Defense Against A Front Shirt Grab
Kung Fu - Defense Against A Front Shirt Grab
Taekwondo - Defense Against A Front Shirt Grab
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Community "Clean Up" In about a week, I will be doing a little spring cleaning... all members who have never posted or commented on a conversation will be deleted. Also if you were an active poster but haven't posted or commented in the past year, we will also review your ...
- Go Command My dojo has used Oss to execute an action. We do this when doing kicks or next step in a group kata so we are on time, the leader will say Oss. This past year we got a new Renshi and he hates Oss and the over-utilization the west has put on it. Okinaw...
- Spar bar I am going to build one of these in a week or 2. I had a hand to use one. They are a bit pricey though. At about $200. https://youtu.be/inc91ugGvis
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics