Basics of Bullying Defense - Bullying Self Defense
This is an intro to some overall concepts for bully self defense, for instruct-able techniques please refer back to Elementary self defense.
- Bullying needs to be addressed with children so that they understand it is wrong.
- Students who do not bully but assist or stand by as bullying occurs need to understand the gravity of the situation.
- When confronted with bullying or seeing others bullied, the child should should seek an adult/teacher as quickly as possible.
- If a confrontation is immanent little kids have a low center of gravity which can help them get out of holds and throw their opponent to the ground.
- Because of a school setting after the kid has taken their opponent to the ground implementing an arm bar will dissolve the situation without the student throwing punches from the mounted position this way they wont get in trouble for harming their fellow student.
This video nicely demonstrates the last two above bullet points