List of Filipino Martial Arts
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Conditioning, etc. Talk with fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 07 Apr 2017 18:15
List of Filipino Martial Arts
This page provides details about major and minor Filipino martial arts styles. It covers martial arts such as Eskrima/Kali/Arnis, Panantukan, Yaw Yan and many more. Filipino martial arts are becoming much more popular in the West, especially due to rising awareness of the the stick fighting skills of Eskrima. Since these martial arts are from the Philippines, you should also visit our sections on Filipino Martial Arts Terminology, Filipino Language and Filipino Numbers.
For the styles of other countries (i.e. Japan, China, Korea and Brazil), please visit the main Martial Arts Styles section.
Books on Filipino Martial Arts
Filipino Martial Arts Styles - Click on each style for more information
- Dumog - Dumog is a Philippine martial arts focused on wrestling.
- Eskrima, Arnis & Kali - Eskrima is a martial arts style from the Philippines focused on the use of stick and blade weapons (i.e. Yantok). This martial arts is also known as Arnis and Kali.
- Kino Mutai - Kino Mutai (Kina Mutai) is a Philippines martial arts that uses unconventional tactics such as biting and eye-gouging.
- Panantukan - Panantukan (or Suntukan) is the boxing component of Filipino martial arts. Panantukan is not a sport, but rather a street-oriented fighting system.
- Sikaran - Sikaran is a Philippines martial arts focused almost exclusively on kicking.
- Yaw Yan - Yaw Yan is a Philippine kickboxing martial arts. It also utilizes grappling techniques and defenses against weapons.
Latest Pages Added to Wiki
Popular Community Posts
Latest Posts Added to Community
- Escrima "on the rocks" a clip of some fun stick work with one of my students last week blocking close quarter butting strikes while using footwork on the rocks by the shallows of the beach gonna take some more environmental training videos here in the next few weeks
- What is the biggest downside of martial arts training? How would you answer a potential student if they asked "What is the biggest downside of martial arts training"? I know that we all love martial arts training... but please do not give any answers like there are no downsides, etc. Try to point out some...
- Introduction Hello Everyone. Its good to see martial artist forum like this. i would like to really interact with you all and share anything of good use .
- Tournament Results I asked about special tournament training and got some good answers. Well the results from the tournament I did over the weekend. I got 2nd place in both Blocker Sparring and Grappling. In grappling there was only me and one other competitor who hap...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi