Information on Go-Kan-Ryu Kata - Sanseru
This page provides details for the Go-Kan-Ryu Kata - Sanseru. This one of two katas is taught to Go-Kan-Ryu brown belt two black tip (1st Kyu) students. First kyu's are required to learn Sanseru and Go-Kan-Ryu kata - Sepai for their Shodan Ho grading.
In the two moves you punch down in Shiko datchi (at 0.42 & 0.44 seconds) your left hand is always on top.
For information on the kata used by different Karate styles (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
In this kata, the following elements are utilized:
Kihon: Chudan Tzuki, Gedan Barai, Mae Geri, Yoko Geri, Hijiate
Stances: Zenkustu Datchi, Sanchin Dachi, Shiko Dachi.
Instructions for Technique
- Members - Please add written step-by-step instructions here.
1.Information courtesy of Llewena
2.GKR Karate, GKR Grading Kata, http://www.gkrkarate.com/index26.php?x=ABOUT-GKR~ABOUT-GKR%7CGKR-Karate-Club-Info%5EGKR-Grading-Kata%60A, Added - 06/19/15
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
- A Couple of less well known Karate Techniques Here are a couple of traditional Okinawan Karate Techniques that are still practiced (to some degree) in a few styles but are on the whole forgotten! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/2-okinawan-karate-deadly-techniques/
- Functional Kata I have been working on the Ashihara Karate section of the wiki. I like how they break out their kata by function. Rather than some elaborate traditional kata with a huge variety of moves (i.e. kicks, punches, throws, sweeps, etc.) & hidden meaning/tech...
- Dog and dog owner defense. Recently my 6 yr old was charged by a "friendly dog"... he ran into the street in fear. Thankfully this is a slow street. The owner is being a bag of snot. Saying "my dog never bit any one" and getting an attitude when I quote the leash and fence l...
- Kudo Helmet Since we are talking about the "different" type of protective headgear used in Daido Juku Kudo, I thought that you might like to watch this video that shows off the headgear. Looks like it is designed to be protective but also offer a lot of visibility...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.