How To Add A Picture To Black Belt Wiki
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 30 Apr 2015 12:52
How To Add A Picture To Black Belt Wiki
This page provides the details needed to add a picture to a Black Belt Wiki page. For more information on other posting techniques, please visit the main How To Post section.
- Try these instructions but if things go horribly wrong :), please feel free to contact us.
- Do not copy any pictures from Google Images, etc. Many of these pictures are copyright protected. These are not free to use.
- The safest method is to use pictures from Wikimedia Commons (as this avoids any potential legal issues). This website provides millions of free and shareable photos and diagrams. Wikimedia is part of Wikipedia.
- The Wikimedia Commons images are easy to embed and have the appropriate "source" information on the website. This helps to avoid potential copyright issues.
- Search their site and find a picture that you like (i.e. [https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kumite_of_Motobu_Choki.jpg]).
- Next, you will need to click the "Edit page" button (top left of wiki) and add the following code where you want to display the picture on the page.
- Now go back to the Wikimedia picture. In the "Use the File On The Web" section (to the right of the Wikimedia photo), you will find the picture URL (labelled "File URL") and source (labelled "Attribution").
- Add the picture URL ("File URL") from Wikimedia (i.e. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Kumite_of_Motobu_Choki.jpg) into the code where the ???? is located.
- If the picture is too large, please add width="600px" to the code (see below).
- Add the "Attribution" (i.e. By Motobu Choki [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons) under the picture (where it says "Source" in the code) or in the reference section at the bottom of the wiki page.
Final Code - Below is an example of how the final code should look like in the wiki editor.
//By Motobu Choki [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons//
- Click the preview button in the wiki editor in order to review the picture layout and make any necessary changes.
- Finally, when you are pleased with the picture layout, click on the save button in the wiki page editor.
Example of Finished Work
By Motobu Choki [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Go Command My dojo has used Oss to execute an action. We do this when doing kicks or next step in a group kata so we are on time, the leader will say Oss. This past year we got a new Renshi and he hates Oss and the over-utilization the west has put on it. Okinaw...
- Spar bar I am going to build one of these in a week or 2. I had a hand to use one. They are a bit pricey though. At about $200. https://youtu.be/inc91ugGvis
- What makes a Master?? Floating around in some posts is the word "master." Personally, I do not like "master" when involved with the martial arts. If someone has mastered something then there is no need to learn more, right? From my understanding, what makes a 8-10 don is th...
- LODGING TOGETHER --- gasskuku Lodging Together in our martial arts perspective is by interactive conversation in shared discussions, that sometimes turns into teaching moments in gaining knowledge or simply transactions and perspectives (yomi) from each other. Shinobu is to endure...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics