How To Add A Picture To Black Belt Wiki
This page provides the details needed to add a picture to a Black Belt Wiki page. For more information on other posting techniques, please visit the main How To Post section.
- Try these instructions but if things go horribly wrong :), please feel free to contact us.
- Do not copy any pictures from Google Images, etc. Many of these pictures are copyright protected. These are not free to use.
- The safest method is to use pictures from Wikimedia Commons (as this avoids any potential legal issues). This website provides millions of free and shareable photos and diagrams. Wikimedia is part of Wikipedia.
- The Wikimedia Commons images are easy to embed and have the appropriate "source" information on the website. This helps to avoid potential copyright issues.
- Search their site and find a picture that you like (i.e. [https://commons.wikimedia.org/wiki/File:Kumite_of_Motobu_Choki.jpg]).
- Next, you will need to click the "Edit page" button (top left of wiki) and add the following code where you want to display the picture on the page.
- Now go back to the Wikimedia picture. In the "Use the File On The Web" section (to the right of the Wikimedia photo), you will find the picture URL (labelled "File URL") and source (labelled "Attribution").
- Add the picture URL ("File URL") from Wikimedia (i.e. https://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/5/53/Kumite_of_Motobu_Choki.jpg) into the code where the ???? is located.
- If the picture is too large, please add width="600px" to the code (see below).
- Add the "Attribution" (i.e. By Motobu Choki [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons) under the picture (where it says "Source" in the code) or in the reference section at the bottom of the wiki page.
Final Code - Below is an example of how the final code should look like in the wiki editor.
//By Motobu Choki [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons//
- Click the preview button in the wiki editor in order to review the picture layout and make any necessary changes.
- Finally, when you are pleased with the picture layout, click on the save button in the wiki page editor.
Example of Finished Work
By Motobu Choki [Public domain], via Wikimedia Commons
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
- New Shodan!!! Hello BBW community, I would just like to let you know that I passed my shodan test last night. I will try to get a pic or two up. I made mistakes but they just made me more focused when they happened. As some may have read my last post, the political...
- Groin Strikes & Self-Defense How much are groin strikes part of your self-defense training? A little, a lot or non-existent? Do you just practice a simple front kick to the groin or do you also practice more sophisticated groin attacks (i.e. with grappling techniques or escape tec...
- Great Article Found this gem on Pinterest of all places, the article goes way deeper than what I would have expected. I tend to agree with the Shodan part of the article. It is up to the school. My school skill and dedication rules all. Time in grade is small compa...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews