How To Add A Video To Black Belt Wiki
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info to wiki & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
How To Add A Video To Black Belt Wiki
This page provides the details needed to add a video to a Black Belt Wiki page. For more information on other posting techniques, please visit the main How To Post section.
- Try these instructions but if things go horribly wrong :), please feel free to contact us.
- Please use only Youtube videos when posting on Black Belt Wiki.
- The easiest way to embed videos is to use Youtube's "embed" function.
- Under the Youtube video, there is a "share" link. Click on it.
- Then you will see an "embed" link. Click on it.
- Then copy the code (<iframe width="640"…) and paste it into the wiki (within a html code block - see below).
- If you need to change the size to the right width (640), click on "Show more" under the code and you will see a small box called "Video Size" where you can make changes.
- Next, you will need to click the wiki "Edit page" button (top left of wiki) and add the following code where you want to display the video on the page. If you are creating a new page, it should already be available on the page. For existing pages without any videos, you will have to copy & paste the code below… or use the </> button at the top of the wiki editor (far right on the second row of editing buttons).
Insert any HTML code for Youtube video
- Paste the Youtube code where you see the text ("Insert any HTML.."). You should leave the rest of the wiki code in place.
- The [[=]] portion of the code centers the video and the [[html]] portion of the code allows the Youtube code to function on the wiki.
- If you do not want to copy this code (or you become more proficient with wiki editing), you can use the far right button on the wiki edit "tool bar" with the symbol </> in order to add the [[html]] [[/html]] code and speed things up.
- The finished code should look like the following:
**"Title of Video**
<iframe width="640" height="480"
frameborder="0" allowfullscreen> </iframe>
- Click the preview button in the wiki editor in order to review the view layout and make any necessary changes.
- Finally, when you are pleased with the video layout, click on the save button in the wiki page editor.
- Below is the finished product after the code has been added to a page.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- A Couple of less well known Karate Techniques Here are a couple of traditional Okinawan Karate Techniques that are still practiced (to some degree) in a few styles but are on the whole forgotten! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/2-okinawan-karate-deadly-techniques/
- Functional Kata I have been working on the Ashihara Karate section of the wiki. I like how they break out their kata by function. Rather than some elaborate traditional kata with a huge variety of moves (i.e. kicks, punches, throws, sweeps, etc.) & hidden meaning/tech...
- Dog and dog owner defense. Recently my 6 yr old was charged by a "friendly dog"... he ran into the street in fear. Thankfully this is a slow street. The owner is being a bag of snot. Saying "my dog never bit any one" and getting an attitude when I quote the leash and fence l...
- Kudo Helmet Since we are talking about the "different" type of protective headgear used in Daido Juku Kudo, I thought that you might like to watch this video that shows off the headgear. Looks like it is designed to be protective but also offer a lot of visibility...
- One Step Sparring Are there other sites that show one step sparring? I have reviewed all of the ones i was able to find yet i am unable to locate the One Steps i have been taught.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.