Learn about Hung Ga - Chinese "5 Animals" Kung Fu
Hung Ga (or Hung Gar) is a Chinese martial arts that combines five traditional Kung Fu martial arts styles (Crane, Dragon, Leopard, Snake and Tiger). This martial arts is also known as Hung Keun.
According to Yee's Hung Ga Kung Fu School, "Hung Ga originated in the Shaolin Temple in China" and is a "powerful style which encompasses the hard, long range offense of the tiger and the soft, short range fluid defense of the crane, the evasiveness of the dragon, the precision of the snake, the swiftness of the leopard, and the application of the five element fist". Moreover according to Yee's Hung Ga International Kung Fu Association, Hung Ga (Hung Keun) is famous for the "thousand pound foundation or horse stance" and "iron fist and "iron arm or fists and forearms continuously conditioned on sandbags and wooden posts".
Hung Ga uses forms such as Gung Ji Fuk Fu Kuen (Subduing the Tiger), Ng Ying Kuen (Five Animal Fist), Fu Hok Seung Ying Kuen (Tiger and Crane Double Form) and Tiet Sien Kuen (Iron Wire Fist).
Elements of Kung Fu and Hung Ga
Demonstration Video of Hung Ga
- Yee's Hung Ga Kung Fu School, Hung Ga Kung Fu History, http://5animalkungfu.com/hung-ga-history.htm, Added - 10/08/14
- Yee's Hung Ga International Kung Fu Association, History, http://yeeshungga.com/our-style/history/, Added - 10/08/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Tattered, worn, white, blackbelt This video has an example of what I actually want to talk about. I have seen this before. I have seen this a lot... online. What is the deal with these tattered old blackbelts? If you don't know what I mean, skip to 10:57 to get a good look at Jess...
- Top 10 As a follow up to another question. You get 10 techniques to learn for the rset of your life. Stand up, ground throws etc. The jab cross and foot movement are already mastered. As well as the rnc, shrimping and hip ups. What would you choose
- New dojo mats Some of your know I've been wanting new mats and finally got them for my bday. 3' by 3' 1" thick Dual sided black and grey 180 sqft worth of them The basement dojo looks beautiful and near professional. Add me on Facebook if you want to see.
- The 3 grappling moves that every martial artist should know What the the 3 grappling techniques that every martial artist should know? They can be submissions, escapes, etc. They can also be from BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, etc. Please try to name the techniques and explain why they should be learned. Think that yo...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics