Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Conditioning, etc. Talk with fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 10 Dec 2014 13:58
List of Iaido Waza
Iaido wazas are the most utilized form of training in the dojo. They can be started kneeling or standing and consist of drawing the sword, a striking or blocking technique, a swing to remove blood and finally returning the sword to its saya (scabbard). Wazas are also used to teach counter attacks.
Tora Tsuru Waza
- Shein-ken (real sword)
- Mak-ko (front assault)
- Ichi-monji (straight line)
- Ten-chi (heaven & earth)
- Ura-omote (rear and front)
- Tachi-sugata (standing posture)
- So-ko (side way)
- Geza-dome (seating defense)
- Sasoi (draw attention)
- Sure-chihai (passing each other)
Drawing/Using The Sword
- The sword (bokken, katana or wakizashi) is placed in the belt with the blade facing up.
- To draw the sword, you must first "unlock" it by pushing the tsuba with the thumb to loosen the sword.
- Next the saya is tilted outward and the hand is placed in the correct position.
- The sword is then pulled out in the way that requires keeping one hand on the saya until it is removed.
- You will then use the sword with both hands.
Latest Pages Added to Wiki
Popular Community Posts
Latest Posts Added to Community
- Escrima "on the rocks" a clip of some fun stick work with one of my students last week blocking close quarter butting strikes while using footwork on the rocks by the shallows of the beach gonna take some more environmental training videos here in the next few weeks
- What is the biggest downside of martial arts training? How would you answer a potential student if they asked "What is the biggest downside of martial arts training"? I know that we all love martial arts training... but please do not give any answers like there are no downsides, etc. Try to point out some...
- Introduction Hello Everyone. Its good to see martial artist forum like this. i would like to really interact with you all and share anything of good use .
- Tournament Results I asked about special tournament training and got some good answers. Well the results from the tournament I did over the weekend. I got 2nd place in both Blocker Sparring and Grappling. In grappling there was only me and one other competitor who hap...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi