Instructions for Heian Godan - International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata
This page will help you to learn the International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Godan (also known as Pinan Godan). For additional Shito-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Shito-Ryu Karate Katas page.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shito-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Godan
Written Kata Instructions
- Musubi dachi
- Heiko dachi
- Pivoting 90 degrees left, neko ashi dachi left hand soto uke, right hand gyakuzuki
- Pivoting 90 degrees to right, bring fists to rest on right hip, sliding right foot to the left, heisoku dachi
- Pivoting 90 degrees to right, neko ashi dachi right hand soto uke, left hand gyakuzuki
- Pivoting 90 degrees to left bring fists to rest on left hip, sliding left foot the the right, heisoku dachi
- Stepping forward with right foot zenkutsu dachi right hand morote soto uke
- Stepping forward with left foot zenkutsu dachi gedan juji uke,
- Step up to moto dachi jodan juji uke Fists open and rotate then return to right hip,
- Pivot into heiko dachi facing right, left hand hammer strike Stepping forward with right foot zenkutsu dachi oizuki KIAI
- Turning 180 degrees to left shiko dachi, double gedan barai Pivoting 180 degrees left, left foot forward zenkutsu dachi, left hand yoko tetsui
- Step forward into right foot forward zenkutsu dachi right elbow strikes left palm
- Left foot steps up to hooked stance, right hand morote uraken
- Left foot turns to the rear into left foot forward upright kokutsu dachi, hands still in right hand morote uraken
- Pull fists back to hip and pivoting 180 degrees and landing in gedan juji uke, KIAI
- Turning 90 degrees to right, stepping forward with right foot zenkutsu dachi morote soto uke
- Pivoting 180 degrees to left, left foot forward kokutsu dachi gedan barai, then pulling right hand back and up
- Standing straight up to heisoku dachi, reverse hand positions and pivot 90 degrees to the right,
- Stepping 45 degrees to the right, right foot forward kokutsu dachi gedan barai, left hand back and up
- Step back into hekio dachi
- Musubi dachi
- International Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu Karate-do Federation, Our Katas, http://www.internationalshitoryu.com/aboutus/our-katas/, Added - 05/05/14
- Kata instructions provided courtesy of Cacabelos, http://cacabelos.us/WSKOkatas.html, Copyright © Cacabelos 2003 All Rights Reserved. No part of this information may be reproduced without Cacabelos 's express consent. Added - 06/01/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Does your Dojo train your strikes? I just want to know how many of my fellow Aikidoka out there have trained in how to strike like we do at my dojo in order to be more effective Uke.
- New Member Reminder A quick reminder for new members (and prospective members) - Just posting links to & adverts for your school or service is a quick way to get banned. We try to severely limit any martial arts "spam" so this community remains useful and interesting. I...
- Stretching (SPLITS) Hi everyone, I am finding difficulties in splits, like when I try my best to go all the way down I just couldn't do it. Please is there any other ways I can do that will help me in my splits an easy way. Thanks; Natasha
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi