Instructions for Heian Sandan - International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata
This page will help you to learn the International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Sandan (also known as Pinan Sandan). For additional Shito-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Shito-Ryu Karate Katas page.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shito-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Sandan
Written Kata Instructions
- Musubi dachi
- Heiko dachi
- Turning 90 degrees left neko ashi dachi, left hand soto uke
- Stepping up with right foot to heisoku dachi, left hand gedan barai, right hand soto uke, then left hand soto uke, right hand gedan barai
- Turning 180 degrees right neko ashi dachi, right hand soto uke
- Stepping up with left foot to heisoku dachi, right hand gedan barai, left hand soto uke, then right hand soto uke, left hand gedan barai
- Turning 90 degrees left neko ashi dachi left hand soto uke
- Stepping up right zenkutsu dachi right hand spear hand thrust, KIAI
- Pivot 180 degrees sliding right foot to the left, left zenkutsu dachi right hand slaps back of right leg and slides up to small of back
- Turning 180 degrees stepping forward with left foot, left shikodachi gedan barai
- Stepping up right zenkutsu dachi chudan zuki
- Stepping up with left foot and pivoting 180 degrees left heisoku dachi fists on hips
- Stepping forward with right foot shikodachi fists remaining on hips right elbow block, right uraken
- Stepping forward with left foot shikodachi fists remaining on hips left elbow block, left uraken
- Stepping forward with right foot shikodachi right hand yoko tettsui
- Stepping forward with left foot zenkutsu dachi left hand chudan zuki
- Stepping forward with right foot heiko dachi
- Pivot 180 degrees left heiko dachi, left elbow strike to the rear and right punch behind left ear
- Shuffle to right heiko dachi, right elbow strike to the rear and left punch behind right ear, KIAI
- Heiko dachi
- Musubi dachi
- International Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu Karate-do Federation, Our Katas, http://www.internationalshitoryu.com/aboutus/our-katas/, Added - 05/05/14
- Kata instructions provided courtesy of Cacabelos, http://cacabelos.us/WSKOkatas.html, Copyright © Cacabelos 2003 All Rights Reserved. No part of this information may be reproduced without Cacabelos 's express consent. Added - 06/01/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Bruce Lee's letters CBS did a recent show focusing on the philosophical commentary in Bruce Lee's letters. It also semi-looks at his daughter's role in Bruce Lee's archives & maintaining his legacy. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi