Instructions for Heian Shodan - International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata
This page will help you to learn the International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Shodan (also known as Pinan Shodan). For additional Shito-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Shito-Ryu Karate Katas page.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shito-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Shodan
Written Kata Instructions
- Musubi dachi
- Heiko dachi
- Turning 90 degrees left neko ashi dachi left hand soto uke, right hand block even with right ear
- Right hand and left switch places – right hand gedan ude uke, left hand block even with right ear
- Turning 90 degrees right heiko dachi left hand yoko tettsui
- Turning 90 degrees right neko ashi dachi right hand soto uke, left hand block even with left ear
- Left hand and right switch places – left hand gedan ude uke, right hand block even with left ear
- Turning 90 degrees left heiko dachi right hand yoko tettsui
- Turning 180 degrees right right foot forward neko ashi dachi, right hand soto uke, right foot mae geri
- Pivot 180 degrees left and land in left foot forward neko ashi dachi, left hand shuto uke
- Stepping forward right foot forward neko ashi dachi, right hand shuto uke
- Stepping forward left foot forward neko ashi dachi, left hand shuto uke
- Stepping forward right foot forward zenkutsu dachi, right hand spear hand thrust, KIAI
- Turning 225 degrees left, left foot forward neko ashi dachi, left hand shuto uke
- Stepping forward with right foot, right foot forward neko ashi dachi, right hand shuto uke
- Turning 90 degrees right, right foot forward neko ashi dachi, right hand shuto uke
- Stepping forward with left foot, left foot forward neko ashi dachi, left hand shuto uke
- Turning 45 degrees left, stepping forward with left foot zenkutsu dachi, right hand soto uke
- Right side mae geri landing with right foot forward zenkutsu dachi, left hand gyaku zuki, left hand soto uke
- Left side mae geri landing with left foot forward zenkutsu dachi, right hand gyaku zuki
- Stepping forward with right foot zenkutsu dachi, right hand morote soto uke
- Turning 225 degrees left zenkutsu dachi gedan barai
- Stepping forward right zenkutsu dachi age uke
- Turning 90 degrees right zenkutsu dachi gedan barai
- Stepping forward left zenkutsu dachi age uke KIAI
- Stepping backward 45 degrees with left foot, turning 45 degrees left hekio dachi
- Musubi dachi
- International Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu Karate-do Federation, Our Katas, http://www.internationalshitoryu.com/aboutus/our-katas/, Added - 05/05/14
- Kata instructions provided courtesy of Cacabelos, http://cacabelos.us/WSKOkatas.html, Copyright © Cacabelos 2003 All Rights Reserved. No part of this information may be reproduced without Cacabelos 's express consent. Added - 06/01/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Chuck Norris hears his own Chuck Norris "facts" (jokes)... You might like to watch this video as Chuck Norris reads some of the famous (infamous) internet jokes made about his legendary toughness. If you want to read some more of these jokes, please visit this community thread - http://community.blackbeltwiki...
- thoughts on Kata to practice kata Was on a FB chat and expressed my idea for my dojo I will start in the next 3 to 10 years. my idea: traditional Goju Ryu training meaning: core 12 katas only, train in the basics and physical condition, kumite, bunkai, philosophy There will be modern...
- Why The Insistent Teacher Have you experienced the instent teacher, one who shows no flecibility to the organizations structure? Have you doubted or inquired into why the teacher is so rigid. Did you expect flexibility standards in your development. What do you expect to gain i...
- Cross Roads of Martial Arts Cross Roads in martial arts comes at any time of life can be a difficult decision. How do recognize it and what do you do about it ? Does life carry on for the elderly and the disabled karate-ka. How about those who struggle with rank progression. Wh...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi