Instructions for Heian Yondan - International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata
This page will help you to learn the International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Yondan (also known as Pinan Yondan). For additional Shito-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Shito-Ryu Karate Katas page.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shito-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of International Hayashi-Ha Shito-Ryu Kata - Heian Yondan
Written Kata Instructions
- Musubi dachi
- Heiko dachi
- Pivoting 90 degrees left, neko ashi dachi left hand shuto uke, right hand open hand rising block level with right ear
- Pivoting 180 degrees right, neko ashi dachi right hand shuto uke, left hand open hand rising block level with left ear
- Turning 90 degrees left stepping forward with left foot zenkutsu dachi gedan juji uke
- Stepping forward with right foot neko ashi dachi right hand morote soto uke Left foot steps forward to heisoku dachi and fists rest on right hip
- Left hand yoko tetsui, left maegeri landing in left foot forward zenkutsu dachi right elbow strike to left palm
- Right foot slides to the left heisoku dachi and fists rest on left hip
- Right hand yoko tetsui, right maegeri landing in right foot forward zenkutsu dachi left elbow strike to right palm
- Pivoting to left foot forward zenkutsu dachi left hand open hand rising block level with forehead and right hand open shuto strike level with forehead
- Stepping forward right mae geri landing in hooked stance right uraken KIAI
- Pivoting 225 degrees to left neko ashi dachi left hand soto uke
- Stepping forward right mae geri, right hand chudan zuki, left hand gyaku zuki
- Pivoting 90 degrees to right neko ashi dachi, right hand soto uke
- Stepping forward left mae geri, left hand chudan zuki, right hand gyaku zuki
- Pivoting 45 degrees to left stepping forward left neko ashi dachi left hand morote soto uke
- Stepping forward with right foot neko ashi dachi right hand morote soto uke
- Stepping forward with left foot neko ashi dachi left hand morote soto uke
- Both hands open, reaching up and pulling down slapping against right knee strike KIAI
- Pivoting 225 degrees to left neko ashi dachi left hand shuto uke
- Stepping to right with right foot landing in right neko ashi dachi right hand shuto uke
- Heiko dachi
- Musubi dachi
- International Hayashi-ha Shito-ryu Karate-do Federation, Our Katas, http://www.internationalshitoryu.com/aboutus/our-katas/, Added - 05/05/14
- Kata instructions provided courtesy of Cacabelos, http://cacabelos.us/WSKOkatas.html, Copyright © Cacabelos 2003 All Rights Reserved. No part of this information may be reproduced without Cacabelos 's express consent. Added - 06/01/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Judo as Insurance Sometimes martial arts training is necessary so you can follow a different goal. This award winning ad was created for American Family Insurance. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Karate Nerd in Okinawa Jesse Enkamp has once again travelled to Okinawa, the Home of Karate, and this time he's taking us with him. Having watched this it makes me want to go to Okinawa and Japan even more. I have found it very informative, and entertaining. It's not all ab...
- Community "Clean Up" In about a week, I will be doing a little spring cleaning... all members who have never posted or commented on a conversation will be deleted. Also if you were an active poster but haven't posted or commented in the past year, we will also review your ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics