Karate Stretches - Instructions & Videos
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 30 Dec 2016 00:45
Karate Stretches - Instructions & Videos
These instructional videos provide details for Karate stretching and warm-up routines. Select useful elements from these martial arts videos and add them to your warm-up and stretching routines. See the videos below for many Karate stretches.
Martial arts instructors use warm-up routines in order to loosen muscles and boost heart rates. This helps to prepare martial arts students for the more vigorous martial arts training that follows the warm-up session and hopefully reduces potential injuries that might come from tight muscles and tendons. Most instructors suggest stretching before and after class in order to improve your flexibility. Martial arts students should warm-up and stretch all areas of the body that will be used during training. Moreover, they should give extra attention to problem areas (i.e. hamstrings). All stretches and exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized.
For individual stretches and flexibility exercises, please visit the main Martial Arts Warm-Up Exercises, Stretching and Yoga for Martial Arts sections.
Section supported by Karate books
Stretches by "Problem Area"
- Achilles Stretches - Achilles stretches such as the heel drop stretch, towel foot stretch, etc.
- Ankle Stretches
- Back Stretches
- Biceps Stretches
- Calf Stretches - Calf stretches such as runner's calf stretch, soleus stretch, etc.
- Chest Stretches
- Dynamic Stretches - List of a wide range of dynamic stretches with instructions & videos.
- Forearm Stretches
- Glute Stretches
- Groin Stretches - Groin stretches such as the butterfly stretch, lunge stretch, etc.
- Hamstring Stretches - Hamstring stretches such as the toy soldier stretch, modified hurdler stretch, etc.
- Hip Stretches
- Iliotibial Stretches - Side of leg and knees.
- Neck Stretches
- Partner Assisted Stretching
- Plantar Fasciitis Stretches - Bottom of foot stretches
- Quadricep Stretches - Quad stretches such as the standing quad stretch, prone quad stretch, etc.
- Shin Splint Stretches
- Shoulder Stretches
- Side Stretches - Oblique stretches
- Triceps Stretches
- Wrist Stretches - Wrist stretches such as the kneeling wrist stretch, wrist circles, etc.
Videos of Karate Stretching Routines
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Go Command My dojo has used Oss to execute an action. We do this when doing kicks or next step in a group kata so we are on time, the leader will say Oss. This past year we got a new Renshi and he hates Oss and the over-utilization the west has put on it. Okinaw...
- Spar bar I am going to build one of these in a week or 2. I had a hand to use one. They are a bit pricey though. At about $200. https://youtu.be/inc91ugGvis
- What makes a Master?? Floating around in some posts is the word "master." Personally, I do not like "master" when involved with the martial arts. If someone has mastered something then there is no need to learn more, right? From my understanding, what makes a 8-10 don is th...
- LODGING TOGETHER --- gasskuku Lodging Together in our martial arts perspective is by interactive conversation in shared discussions, that sometimes turns into teaching moments in gaining knowledge or simply transactions and perspectives (yomi) from each other. Shinobu is to endure...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics