List of KishimotoDi Kata
Learn about the katas used in KishimotoDi, a system of SuiDi (Shuri-Te) handed down from Sakugawa Kanga to Bushi Tachimura to Kishimoto Soko, who taught it to Higa Seitoku of the Bugeikan. This style is very rare, and very small. Only a handful of Bugeikan students specialize in the KishimotoDi system.
There are only 4 kata in KishimotoDi, and it contains no weapons kata of its own, although bojutsu and saijutsu are part of the system. Key features of KishimotoDi kata are sinking and twisting, and the kata are considered "soft" forms. In application, KishimotoDi follows three primary principles: "avoid by an inch," "attack and defense as one," and "body and technique arrive at the same time."
If you are looking for the katas of other Karate styles (i.e. Shotokan or Wado-Ryu), visit the main Katas & Forms section.
- KishimotoDi, Homepage, http://kishimotodi.com, Added 08/11/14
- Information provided by Noah Legel, http://budonokaizen.blogspot.com, Added - 08/12/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi