Instructions for Tachimura No Naihanchi - KishimotoDi Kata
Tachimura no Naihanchi is the first kata taught in the KishimotoDi system, and is the foundation of the style. All of the material taught after Tachimura no Naihanchi builds off of, or feeds back to, the material taught in Naihanchi.
For instructions regarding other KishimotoDi kata, please visit the main KishimotoDi kata section. If you are looking for the katas of other Karate styles (i.e. Shotokan or Wado-Ryu), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video Demonstration of Tachimura No Naihanchi - KishimotoDi Kata
Written Instructions for Kata
- Stand in musubi-dachi (joining/knot stance)
- Cup the left hand and place the right hand in it, with the tips of the thumbs touching, as seen in yogic and Buddhist meditation
- Turn head to look to the left
- Right foot steps over the left into kosa-dachi (cross stance)
- Left foot steps out into shiko-dachi (sumo/horse stance)
- Squat and execute a left open-handed gedan-barai (low sweep)
- Return to shiko-dachi and execute a right seiken-tsuki (foreknuckle thrust) to the left
- Turn head to look to the right
- Squat and execute a right open-handed gedan barai
- Return to shiko-dachi and execute a left seiken-tsuki to the right
- Left foot steps over right into kosa-dachi
- Right foot steps out into shiko-dachi
- Turn head to look forward
- Execute left hand chudan-ude-uke (mid-level forearm receiver)
- Execute morote-barai (double sweep), followed by right oniken/keikoken (demon/phoenix eye fist), placing right elbow in left fist
- Turn head to look to the right
- Execute right nami-gaeshi (returning wave)
- Twist upper body to face right
- Execute left nami-gaeshi
- Squat and twist upper body to face left while executing right closed-fisted gedan-kesa-barai (low-level crossing sweep)
- Return to shiko-dachi and twist upper body to face right, executing morote-tsuki (double thrust) to the right
- Execute right haito-uke (ridgehand receiver) to the right
- Execute left enpi-uchi (elbow strike) to the palm of the right hand
- Repeat kata sequences, mirrored, beginning from Step 8 in these instructions (turn head, squat, open-handed gedan barai)
- Repeat kata sequences, as originally done, to finish the kata
- Return to musubi-dachi with hands in meditative posture
- Malmo Budoklubb YouTube Channel
- Noah Legel's YouTube Channel
- Chris Reeves' YouTube Channel
- Written kata instructions provided courtesy of Noah Legel, Budo No Kaizen, http://budonokaizen.blogspot.com, Added - 08/12/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- New member Hi Everyone I am really happy to join this group and get to know you all.
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
- New Shodan!!! Hello BBW community, I would just like to let you know that I passed my shodan test last night. I will try to get a pic or two up. I made mistakes but they just made me more focused when they happened. As some may have read my last post, the political...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews