List of Korean Martial Arts
This page provides details about major and minor Korean martial arts styles. It covers martial arts such as Hapkido, Taekwondo, Tang Soo Do and many more. If you think a style should be added to this page, please contact us. However, we will only accept martial arts styles that have many schools (10+) & an active style association/federation and/or a detailed Wikipedia page.
For the martial arts of other countries (i.e. China, Japan and Brazil), please visit the main Martial Arts Styles section.
Amazon - Books on Korean Martial Arts
Korean Martial Arts - Click on each style for more information
- Gongkwon Yusul - Gongkwon Yusul is a Korean hybrid martial arts that includes elements from Hapkido, Jujutsu, Judo and Boxing.
- Gungsol - Gongsul is a Korean martial arts focused on traditional archery techniques.
- Haidong Gumdo - Haidong Gumdo is a Korean martial arts focused on sword techniques. It contains elements similar to Kenjutsu and Iaido.
- Han Mu Do - Han Mu Do (or Hanmudo) is a Korean martial arts style. It is seen as a "smoother" and more "open hand" cousin to Hapkido. Hanmudo students also train with weapons.
- Hapkido - Hapkido is a Korean martial arts style focused on punches, kicks, throws and joint locks.
- Hwa Rang Do - Hwa Rang Do is a Korean martial arts that includes sparring, self-defense, weapons training and grappling.
- Kuk Sool Won - Kuk Sool Won is a Korean martial arts focused on strikes, kicks, grappling, joint locks, weapons training and healing techniques.
- Sibpalki - Sibpalki is a Korean martial arts that teaches close combat skills that were utilized in the late 1700s.
- Soo Bahk Do - Soo Bahk Do is a Korean martial arts that grew out of Tang Soo Do.
- Ssireum - Ssireum is a Korean martial arts focused on wrestling.
- Taekkyeon - Taekkyeon is a Korean martial arts focused on low kicks, leg sweeps, trips, pushes, etc.
- Taekwondo - Taekwondo is a Korean martial arts style focused primarily on punches, blocks, strikes and kicks (i.e. spinning hook kick).
- Tang Soo Do - Tang Soo Do is a Korean martial arts style that is similar to Taekwondo and Karate.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Is realistic self-defense training a contradiction in itself? There are countless providers that claim to offer realistic self-defense training. Routinely implied in in such claims is that other, more traditional schools/dojos/styles fail to address this. However, I am wondering if realistic self-defense training...
- Moderation I am sorry that (for the first time) I felt the need to get all moderatory :) Unlike (a certain member) I do not feel the need to continually brag or boast (or lie) about my rank or experience, rather I would hope that my words on this community and my...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi