Learn Aikido Kata - Koryu Dai Go - Section supported by Aikido books
This page will help you to learn the Aikido kata, Koryu Dai Go. This kata is divided into four sections listed below.
For other katas, please visit the main Aikido katas page.
Elements of each section of the Koryu Dai Go kata
Suwari Waza (Section A - Kneeling Techniques, tori kneeling with uke standing)
Tachi Waza (Section B - Standing Techniques)
Tachi Waza (Section C - Standing Techniques)
Tachi Waza (Section D - Standing Techniques)
- London Aikido Dojo, Koryu Dai Go, http://www.londonaikido.com/index.php/aikido/tomiki-system/koryu-no-kata/koryu-dai-go.html, Added - 8/24/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Roundhouse Kick Question I have done several styles of martial arts and all of them had me keep my guard up for a round house kick. I see pics and watch kumite with people that put their fist to cover the groin when doing the kick. For the people/styles that do this does it w...
- Is modern fencing a martial arts? Is fencing still a martial arts or has it become too much of an Olympic "sports"? In the 14th thru 17th centuries, fencing was a true martial arts with dueling scars & deaths. Moreover, until the modern era, sword fighting dominated martial training fo...
- Self-Defense Against A Clown Since America seems to be experiencing clown hysteria or at least a few idiots in clown suits trying to scare people, I thought you might like to watch Master Ken's latest video. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Community Experiment I have switched the replies sorting option to most popular first (versus most recent first). Therefore, you will see the replies with the most positive/up votes first (as there were lots of great answers to questions being buried under jokes, hi my nam...
- Sparring Gear, Medieval Armor or Industrial Footwear? You might find this an interesting "upgrade" to your existing martial arts sparring shin guards. :) Seriously, I think it is some type of industrial protective footwear. Ellwood Safety Appliance 323 Aluminum Shin-Instep Guard Amazon link to the produ...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.