Learn The Aikido Kata, Koryu Dai Ichi - Section supported by Aikido books
This page will help you to learn the Aikido kata, Koryu Dai Ichi. This kata is divided into four sections listed below.
For other katas, please visit the main Aikido katas page.
Koryu Dai Ichi - Suwari Waza (Kneeling Techniques) - Part One
Koryu Dai Ichi - Tachi Waza (Standing Techniques) - Part Two
Koryu Dai Ichi - Tachi Waza (Standing Techniques) - Part Three
Koryu Dai Ichi - Tachi Waza (Standing Techniques) - Part Four
Elements of each section of the Koryu Dai Ichi kata
Suwari Waza (Section A - Kneeling Techniques)
Tachi Waza (Section B - Standing Techniques)
5. Ushiro-waza-kote-gaeshi - (No 1)
6. Ushiro-waza-kote-gaeshi - (No 2)
Tachi Waza (Section C - Standing Techniques)
5. Katate-mochi-irim-nage - (No 1)
6. Katate-mochi-irim-nage - (No 2)
Tachi Waza (Section D - Standing Techniques)
- London Aikido Dojo, Koryu Dai Ichi, http://www.londonaikido.com/index.php/aikido/tomiki-system/koryu-no-kata/koryu-dai-ichi.html, Added - 8/21/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Karate Kakie practice I was curious how many of my fellow karateka here practice kakie it is a series of "pushing hands" drills - which accept and flow off of an opponents incoming momentum as well as how to effectively push an opponent It is sometimes also described as ...
- Special Forces Strength Training Here are a few "easy" exercises to spice up your next martial arts strength training workout. I like how he incorporates grappling dummies and plyomterics into his workout. If I had to do this training routine, I would be losing body parts after a few...
- Let's play Detective My instructor and I were talking about the upcoming Power Rangers film, and how it would be different to the original series. He then started to tell me of a movie he saw in the 80's that seemed to follow a similar formula to power rangers, where kids ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Search Engine