Learn Aikido Kata - Koryu Dai Roku - Section supported by Aikido books
This page will help you to learn the Aikido kata, Koryu Dai Roku. This kata is divided into seven sections (hand and weapons) listed below.
For other katas, please visit the main Aikido katas page.
Koryu Dai Roku - Sections A-C
Koryu Dai Roku - Sections D-G (Weapons)
Elements of each section of the Koryu Dai Roku kata
Suwari Waza (Section A - Kneeling Techniques)
Tachi Waza (Section B - Standing Techniques)
Tachi Waza (Section C - Standing Techniques)
Tanto Dori (Section D - Standing Techniques, hand against Knife)
Tanto Dori (Section E - Standing Techniques, Knife against hand)
Tachi Dori (Section F - Standing Techniques, hand against sword)
Jo-no-bu Jo-no-tsukai-kata (Section G - Standing Techniques, using Jo against hand)
- London Aikido Dojo, Koryu Dai Roku, http://www.londonaikido.com/index.php/aikido/tomiki-system/koryu-no-kata/koryu-dai-roku.html, Added - 8/24/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Bruce Lee's letters CBS did a recent show focusing on the philosophical commentary in Bruce Lee's letters. It also semi-looks at his daughter's role in Bruce Lee's archives & maintaining his legacy. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.