Learn Aikido Kata - Koryu Dai San - Section supported by Aikido books
This page will help you to learn the Aikido kata, Koryu Dai San. This kata is divided into the seven sections listed below.
For other katas, please visit the main Aikido katas page.
Elements of each section of the Koryu Dai San kata
Suwari Waza (Section A - Kneeling Techniques)
Tachi Waza (Section B - Standing Techniques)
Tanto-dori (Section C - Standing Techniques, hand against Knife)
Tachi-dori (Section D - Standing Techniques, hand against sword )
Jo-no-bu Jo-dori (Section E - Standing Techniques, hand against Jo)
Jo-no-bu Jo-no-tsukai-kata (Section F - Standing Techniques, Jo against hand)
Tachi-tai-tachi (Section G - Standing Techniques, Sword against Sword)
- London Aikido Dojo, Koryu Dai San, http://www.londonaikido.com/index.php/aikido/tomiki-system/koryu-no-kata/koryu-dai-san.html, Added - 8/22/13
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Uniform thoughts and opinions When I was younger I had several lightweight "student" gi for in the dojo and a heavyweight gi made out of canvas for tournaments. I still have the canvas gi, though it is badly showing it's age, and I am no longer as slender as I was as a teenager. ...
- Self defense tactics against wrist grabs I am very skinny and when my fat friends used to grab my wrist and forcefully pull me to the place where they want. I don't want to harm them but at the same time I want to defend myself. What should I do?
- Roundhouse Kick Question I have done several styles of martial arts and all of them had me keep my guard up for a round house kick. I see pics and watch kumite with people that put their fist to cover the groin when doing the kick. For the people/styles that do this does it w...
- Is modern fencing a martial arts? Is fencing still a martial arts or has it become too much of an Olympic "sports"? In the 14th thru 17th centuries, fencing was a true martial arts with dueling scars & deaths. Moreover, until the modern era, sword fighting dominated martial training fo...
- Self-Defense Against A Clown Since America seems to be experiencing clown hysteria or at least a few idiots in clown suits trying to scare people, I thought you might like to watch Master Ken's latest video. Will Black Belt Wiki
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.