Kyokushin Karate - Eleven Mottoes of Mas Oyama
These are the eleven key mottoes of Mas Oyama and Kyokushin Karate. Learn them in order to master the way of Kyokushin… and to pass your belt tests!
For the main concepts and principles behind other martial arts styles, please visit the main Martial Arts Philosophy section.
Eleven Mottoes of Mas Oyama
- The Martial Way begins and ends with courtesy. Therefore, be properly and genuinely courteous at all times.
- Following the Martial Way is like scaling a cliff - continue upwards without rest. It demands absolute and unfaltering devotion to the task at hand.
- Strive to seize the initiative in all things, all the time guarding against actions stemming from selfish animosity or thoughtlessness.
- Even for the Martial Artist, the place of money cannot be ignored. Yet one should be careful never to become attached to it.
- The Martial Way is centered in posture. Strive to maintain correct posture at all times.
- The Martial Way begins with one thousand days and is mastered after ten thousand days of training.
- In the Martial Arts, introspection begets wisdom. Always see contemplation on your action as an opportunity to improve.
- The nature and purpose of the Martial Way is universal. All selfish desires should be roasted in the tempering fires of hard training.
- The Martial Arts begins with a point and end in a circle. Straight lines stem from this principle.
- The true essence of the Martial Way can only be realized through experience. Knowing this, learn never to fear its demands.
- Always remember: In the Martial Arts the rewards of a confident and Grateful heart are truly abundant.
- International Karate Organization Kyokushin, Kyokushin Spirit, http://www.kyokushinkaikan.org/en/about/spirit.html, Added - 03/14/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Perseverance With Health Issues ! This title can be an extraneous issue for those who havn't experienced a serious event. For those otherwise, it can be a nightmare ! Many MA's experience the bruises and they eventually subside in a short period, but those who have serious injuries ...
- Rewrapping sai - looking for advice Last summer, the cheap wraps on one of my sai started coming off. I decided to look up how to change the wrap, and found two videos in particular that greatly assisted me. Below is a link to a picture with one original (black) wrap and one sai with t...
- Positives AND negatives for new martial arts students over 60? Since we have a good number of "mature" :) martial arts students & instructors on this site, I thought you might like to share some of your knowledge & give some advice. What would you tell to a person who was over 60 and thinking about joining a marti...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi