List of Kyokushin Karate Katas with Videos & Instructions
These videos and instructions will help you to learn the Kyokushin Karate katas and to prepare for your next Karate belt test. To master these Kyokushin Karate katas, you will also have to learn basic Kyokushin stances.
Please check with your Sensei/Instructor regarding your required kata movements as some Kyokushin Karate schools use slightly different kata formats. In addition, a number of Kyokushin Karate schools have their kata in different orders/sequences based on the preference of the school's Sensei and system.
For the katas of other Karate styles (i.e. Shotokan katas), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Amazon - Kyokushin Books
Kyokushin Karate Katas
Kyokushin Ura Katas - Ura katas are very similar to the same-named non-ura Kyokushin katas (i.e. Taikyoku Sono Ichi). However, ura katas contain spins when turning.
Kyokushin Bo Katas - These katas use a Bo staff.
- United States Kyokushin Karate, Kata, http://uskyokushin.com/kata.htm, Added - 11/3/13
- Kyokushin Karate Scotland, Kata Grading List, http://www.kyokushin-scotland.co.uk/Kyokushin%20Karate%20Scotland%20Kata.html, Added - 09/22/14
- Sosai Masutatsu Oyama, Name of the Kata, http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/en/home/terminology.htm, Added - 09/22/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Holding back. This week i sparred a vastly imferior fighter. The whole point was to get him ready for his first fight. He will in my opinion not win. I held back on every strike because even out of shape i am faster and more acurate/powerful than he is. Or so i tho...
- Inspiring people I am starting to decorate my garage and I like the look tons of pics on the wall. So I am reaching out to all of you for people to put on my wall. I am looking for people that have faced diversity or over came something in the fighting arts. Looking fo...
- How to use a chair to practice high kicks Since we have been talking about Bill "Superfoot" Wallace's amazing flexibility and kicking prowess, I thought you would like to watch this Youtube video. It is a tutorial by Bill Wallace on how to use a chair to practice high kicks. Will Black Belt W...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi