List of Kyokushin Karate Katas
These videos and instructions will help you to learn the Kyokushin Karate katas and to prepare for your next Karate belt test. To master these Kyokushin Karate katas, you will also have to learn basic Kyokushin stances.
Please check with your Sensei/Instructor regarding your required kata movements as some Kyokushin Karate schools use slightly different kata formats. In addition, a number of Kyokushin Karate schools have their kata in different orders/sequences based on the preference of the school's Sensei and system.
For the katas of other Karate styles (i.e. Shotokan katas), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Amazon - Kyokushin Books
Kyokushin Karate Katas
Kyokushin Ura Katas - Ura katas are very similar to the same-named non-ura Kyokushin katas (i.e. Taikyoku Sono Ichi). However, ura katas contain spins when turning.
Kyokushin Bo Katas - These katas use a Bo staff.
- United States Kyokushin Karate, Kata, http://uskyokushin.com/kata.htm, Added - 11/3/13
- Kyokushin Karate Scotland, Kata Grading List, http://www.kyokushin-scotland.co.uk/Kyokushin%20Karate%20Scotland%20Kata.html, Added - 09/22/14
- Sosai Masutatsu Oyama, Name of the Kata, http://www.masutatsuoyama.com/en/home/terminology.htm, Added - 09/22/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Tattered, worn, white, blackbelt This video has an example of what I actually want to talk about. I have seen this before. I have seen this a lot... online. What is the deal with these tattered old blackbelts? If you don't know what I mean, skip to 10:57 to get a good look at Jess...
- Top 10 As a follow up to another question. You get 10 techniques to learn for the rset of your life. Stand up, ground throws etc. The jab cross and foot movement are already mastered. As well as the rnc, shrimping and hip ups. What would you choose
- New dojo mats Some of your know I've been wanting new mats and finally got them for my bday. 3' by 3' 1" thick Dual sided black and grey 180 sqft worth of them The basement dojo looks beautiful and near professional. Add me on Facebook if you want to see.
- The 3 grappling moves that every martial artist should know What the the 3 grappling techniques that every martial artist should know? They can be submissions, escapes, etc. They can also be from BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, etc. Please try to name the techniques and explain why they should be learned. Think that yo...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics