Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 03 Jan 2016 22:20
Magbabayo - Figure 8
This page focuses on the figure 8 Sinawali drill known as Magbabayo.
Instructions for Technique
- For the simplest version of this drill start with both fists (holding sticks) up by their respective shoulder
- Start with the dominant hand and throw a for hand slash and then a back hand slash with the tip of the stick following a horizontal figure eight and returning to its shoulder
- Then proceed with the non dominant hand (a for hand and back hand slash in a horizontal figure eight pattern) and return to the shoulder
- Continue drilling this pattern until you can throw one after another
- Add more power by twisting the hip and popping the heel
- Try moving around a bit
- Practice with a partner
- Striking against each other's sticks with the same fore hand and back hand strikes
- Move around using simple foot work
- IF foam sticks are available have one partner attack with the figure eight pattern and have the other counter attack using the figure eight pattern to strike the hand of the incoming attack
- Weave using both hands together
- Throw both for hand strike and back hand strike together
- Throw the for hand strike of one hand and the back hand strike of the other at the same time
- Weave the arms over one another while doing so
For more Sinawali please refer to the Doble Baston page.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Is realistic self-defense training a contradiction in itself? There are countless providers that claim to offer realistic self-defense training. Routinely implied in in such claims is that other, more traditional schools/dojos/styles fail to address this. However, I am wondering if realistic self-defense training...
- Moderation I am sorry that (for the first time) I felt the need to get all moderatory :) Unlike (a certain member) I do not feel the need to continually brag or boast (or lie) about my rank or experience, rather I would hope that my words on this community and my...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi