MERRY CHRISTMAS & HAPPY HOLIDAYS!!! Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 03 Jan 2016 22:20
Magbabayo - Figure 8
This page focuses on the figure 8 Sinawali drill known as Magbabayo.
Instructions for Technique
- For the simplest version of this drill start with both fists (holding sticks) up by their respective shoulder
- Start with the dominant hand and throw a for hand slash and then a back hand slash with the tip of the stick following a horizontal figure eight and returning to its shoulder
- Then proceed with the non dominant hand (a for hand and back hand slash in a horizontal figure eight pattern) and return to the shoulder
- Continue drilling this pattern until you can throw one after another
- Add more power by twisting the hip and popping the heel
- Try moving around a bit
- Practice with a partner
- Striking against each other's sticks with the same fore hand and back hand strikes
- Move around using simple foot work
- IF foam sticks are available have one partner attack with the figure eight pattern and have the other counter attack using the figure eight pattern to strike the hand of the incoming attack
- Weave using both hands together
- Throw both for hand strike and back hand strike together
- Throw the for hand strike of one hand and the back hand strike of the other at the same time
- Weave the arms over one another while doing so
For more Sinawali please refer to the Doble Baston page.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Tattered, worn, white, blackbelt This video has an example of what I actually want to talk about. I have seen this before. I have seen this a lot... online. What is the deal with these tattered old blackbelts? If you don't know what I mean, skip to 10:57 to get a good look at Jess...
- Top 10 As a follow up to another question. You get 10 techniques to learn for the rset of your life. Stand up, ground throws etc. The jab cross and foot movement are already mastered. As well as the rnc, shrimping and hip ups. What would you choose
- New dojo mats Some of your know I've been wanting new mats and finally got them for my bday. 3' by 3' 1" thick Dual sided black and grey 180 sqft worth of them The basement dojo looks beautiful and near professional. Add me on Facebook if you want to see.
- The 3 grappling moves that every martial artist should know What the the 3 grappling techniques that every martial artist should know? They can be submissions, escapes, etc. They can also be from BJJ, Judo, Wrestling, etc. Please try to name the techniques and explain why they should be learned. Think that yo...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics