List of Martial Arts Subjects & Categories
Black Belt Wiki covers a wide range of martial arts subjects (i.e. kicks, punches, weapons and joint locks). Each section has a huge number of videos and/or written instructions that explain the techniques associated with a particular martial arts subject. This allows martial artists to learn new techniques from different martial arts styles. If you are looking for techniques related to only a specific martial arts style, please either visit the section focused on that style (i.e. Karate, Aikido, Taekwondo or Krav Maga) or visit the main Martial Arts Styles section (which has links to all of the major and minor martial arts styles).
Can't find something? Try our wiki search engine.
For the best results, please be specific with your search (i.e. Taekwondo Pattern Do-San)
Main Martial Arts Categories - Each category below has free videos and/or written instructions
- Agility Training
- Anatomy - Bones, Muscles, Vital Points, etc.
- Benefits of Martial Arts - Health benefits, mental benefits, practical benefits, etc.
- Blocks - This section focuses on a variety of martial arts blocking techniques.
- Blogs - Martial arts blogs from around the web. These cover a wide range of martial arts styles and subjects.
- Books - Best martial arts books. Our picks and visitor favorites.
- Breaking Techniques - This section focuses on martial arts breaking (i.e. wooden boards and concrete blocks).
- Bunkai - The practical application and analysis of kata.
- Conditioning - This section reviews exercises that can improve your martial arts strength and conditioning.
- Diet - Diet & nutritional information for martial artists.
- Elbow Strikes
- Grappling - Submissions, Escapes, Sweeps, etc.
- How To Tie Your Martial Arts Belt
- Instructor Tips - This section focuses on tips and training ideas for martial arts instructors.
- Instructional Videos - As a service to our visitors, we are offering free online martial arts instructional videos from Amazon. These videos teach katas, self-defense, kicks, flexibility and much more.
- Joint Locks
- Katas, Forms, Patterns & Poomse - Videos and written step-by-step instructions for various katas and forms (i.e. Karate, Taekwondo, Tang Soo Do, etc.)
- Kicking Techniques - Learn how to do a huge variety of martial arts kicks (i.e. back kicks, spinning hook kicks, butterfly kicks, etc.)
- Languages - Learn common phrases (i.e. hello and thank you) in Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Russian, etc. to use at your martial arts class.
- Movies - Here is a list of the best martial arts movies ever made (i.e. Enter the Dragon). For all of the martial arts movie addicts!
- Movie Comedies - List of the best martial arts movie comedies.
- Martial Arts Movie Stars - Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, etc.
- Message Board - Post questions for the wiki community or answer the questions of beginners. However, only wiki members can post on this message board.
- News & Commentary - Blogs - Martial Arts, Aikido Reddit, BJJ Reddit, Capoeira Reddit, Eskrima Reddit, Hapkido Reddit, Jeet Kune Do Reddit, Judo Reddit, Karate Reddit, Kendo Reddit, Krav Maga Reddit, Kung Fu Reddit, MMA Reddit, Muay Thai Reddit, Ninjutsu Reddit, Taekwondo Reddit, Tang Soo Do Reddit, Wing Chun Reddit
- Olympics & Martial Arts
- Online Martial Arts Videos - Online instructional videos. Free if you are an Amazon Prime member.
- Plyometrics Training - Exercises that build "explosive power" for martial arts kicks and punches.
- Polls - Answer martial arts questions & important issues. See how others have answered these polls.
- Power - Kicking Power, Punching Power, etc.
- Punches & Strikes
- Quiz - Take these martial arts quizzes and test your knowledge of your favorite martial arts.
- Safety - Safety tips for martial arts students and instructors.
- School Directory - Members add your school to this directory. Help potential students find your school.
- School Reviews & Maps - This section will help you to find the best martial arts schools in your local area.
- School Tips - How To Find A Good Martial Arts School
- Seniors & Middle Aged Adults - Tips for middle-aged adults and seniors who are thinking of beginning martial arts training.
- Speed Training - This section will help you to achieve faster kicks and punches.
- Strength Training - This section will help you to achieve stronger and more powerful kicks and punches.
- Stretching - This stretching section provides instructions for a huge number of martial arts stretches that will help your overall flexibility.
- Styles & Systems - This section covers major martial arts such as Karate, Taekwondo and Kung Fu as well as less well-known martial arts such as Systema, Pankration and KAPAP.
- Technique of the Month - A summary of our past "Technique of the Month" emails. Vote on them!
- Training Equipment - How to use martial arts training equipment such as focus mitts, kicking shields and even Wing Chun wooden striking dummies.
- Martial Arts TV Shows & Cartoons
- Vital Points - This section explores self-defense targets (i.e. groin attacks).
- Warm-Up Exercises
- Weapons - Information and training techniques for traditional martial arts weapons such as bo staffs, nunchaku, tonfa, sai, etc.
- Women's Self-Defense
- Yoga for Martial Arts - Yoga for improved martial arts flexibility.
Members - Only add links and information sources to a reference section when significant new information has been added to a wiki page. Only add your own work or original material to the wiki. Include proper references. If you spot an error, have a suggestion or would like to supply us with information in order to improve a page, please contact us.
Click here to join Black Belt Wiki. Free membership.
Sign up for our free wiki newsletter. We promise to send only 1 or 2 email newsletters per month.
Each newsletter provides wiki updates, martial arts tips and more.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki. All rights reserved. Websites may link to Black Belt Wiki. However, the link must clearly reference Black Belt Wiki.
For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer.