Join Black Belt Wiki. Membership is free. Help build this martial arts wiki so everyone can learn new techniques, katas, etc.
Benefits - Free to join, members do not see the ads on the top of the wiki, they can add their martial arts site to the reference section of pages that they edit, they can add their site to our Blog and School directories, etc. Students & instructors can help with instructions (i.e. Shotokan Katas, Kicks, Punches, Taekwondo Forms, Aikido Techniques, Goju-Ryu Katas, Bo Staff Techniques, Krav Maga Techniques, etc.), fitness fanatics with Strength, Conditioning & Stretching, grapplers with Submissions, etc.
Share This Wiki
List of Martial Arts Subjects & Categories
Black Belt Wiki covers a wide range of martial arts subjects (i.e. kicks, punches, weapons and joint locks). Each section has a huge number of videos and/or written instructions that explain the techniques associated with a particular martial arts subject. This allows martial artists to learn new techniques from different martial arts styles. If you are looking for techniques related to only a specific martial arts style, please either visit the section focused on that style (i.e. Karate, Aikido, Taekwondo or Krav Maga) or visit the main Martial Arts Styles section (which has links to all of the major and minor martial arts styles).
Can't find something? Try our wiki search engine.
For the best results, please be specific with your search (i.e. Taekwondo Pattern Do-San).
Main Martial Arts Categories - Each category below has free videos and/or written instructions
- Agility Training
- Anatomy - Bones, Muscles, Vital Points, etc.
- Benefits of Martial Arts - Health benefits, mental benefits, practical benefits, etc.
- Blocks - This section focuses on a variety of martial arts blocking techniques.
- Blogs - Martial arts blogs from around the web. These cover a wide range of martial arts styles and subjects.
- Books - Best martial arts books. Our picks and visitor favorites.
- Breaking Techniques - This section focuses on martial arts breaking (i.e. wooden boards and concrete blocks).
- Conditioning - This section reviews exercises that can improve your martial arts strength and conditioning.
- Forms, Katas, Patterns & Poomse - Videos and written step-by-step instructions for various katas and forms (i.e. Karate, Taekwondo, Tang Soo Do, etc.)
- Grappling - Submissions, Escapes, Sweeps, etc.
- How To Tie Your Martial Arts Belt
- Instructor Tips - This section focuses on tips and training ideas for martial arts instructors.
- Joint Locks
- Kicking Techniques - Learn how to do a huge variety of martial arts kicks (i.e. back kicks, spinning hook kicks, butterfly kicks, etc.)
- Languages - Learn common phrases (i.e. hello and thank you) in Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Russian, etc. to use at your martial arts class.
- Movies - Here is a list of the best martial arts movies ever made (i.e. Enter the Dragon). For all of the martial arts movie addicts!
- Movie Comedies - List of the best martial arts movie comedies.
- Martial Arts Movie Stars - Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, etc.
- Olympics & Martial Arts
- Online Martial Arts Videos
- Plyometrics Training - Exercises that build "explosive power" for martial arts kicks and punches.
- Polls - Martial Arts Questions & Issues
- Power - Kicking Power, Punching Power, etc.
- Punches & Strikes
- School Directory
- School Reviews & Maps - This section will help you to find the best martial arts schools in your local area.
- School Tips - How To Find A Good Martial Arts School
- Speed Training - This section will help you to achieve faster kicks and punches.
- Strength Training - This section will help you to achieve stronger and more powerful kicks and punches.
- Stretching - This stretching section provides instructions for a huge number of martial arts stretches that will help your overall flexibility.
- Styles & Systems - This section covers major martial arts such as Karate, Taekwondo and Kung Fu as well as less well-known martial arts such as Systema, Pankration and KAPAP.
- Training Equipment - How to use martial arts training equipment such as focus mitts, kicking shields and even Wing Chun wooden striking dummies.
- Martial Arts TV Shows & Cartoons
- Vital Points - This section explores self-defense targets (i.e. groin attacks).
- Warm-Up Exercises
- Weapons - Information and training techniques for traditional martial arts weapons such as bo staffs, nunchaku, tonfa, sai, etc.
- Women's Self-Defense
Members - Please verify the accuracy of any edits with an online reference.
There are often different ways to perform a similar named kata/technique as there can be differences between schools, associations and styles.
We promise a maximum of only 1 or 2 email newsletters per month.
Each newsletter provides wiki updates, martial arts tips and more.
Support this wiki. If you are considering buying a martial arts product, please use the links below. At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission on any purchase via these links (i.e. Amazon). This helps to keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thanks!
Martial Arts - Books | Compression | DVDs | Jobs | Kicking | MMA | Other | Party | Plyometrics | Punch | Shoes | Sparring | Speed | Sports Nutrition | Strength | Top-Rated | Training | Uniforms | Used Equipment
The material contained herein may not be reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki. All rights reserved.