Help others by adding details to this martial arts wiki. Martial artists can help with instructions (i.e. Shotokan Kata, Kicks, WTF Forms, Punches, ITF Patterns, Aikido Techniques, Goju-Ryu Kata, Krav Maga Techniques, Bo Staff, Other Katas), athletes with Strength, Conditioning & Stretching, grapplers with Submissions, film buffs with Martial Arts Movies, linguists with Terminology, etc.
Member benefits - It is free, you will be helping beginners, members do not see the ads on the top of the wiki, you can list your website on pages where you add info, contributors are highlighted in our newsletter & much more. Everyone is welcome. Click to join!
List of Martial Arts Subjects & Categories
Black Belt Wiki covers a wide range of martial arts subjects (i.e. kicks, punches, weapons and joint locks). Each section has a huge number of videos and/or written instructions that explain the techniques associated with a particular martial arts subject. This allows martial artists to learn new techniques from different martial arts styles. If you are looking for techniques related to only a specific martial arts style, please either visit the section focused on that style (i.e. Karate, Aikido, Taekwondo or Krav Maga) or visit the main Martial Arts Styles section (which has links to all of the major and minor martial arts styles).
Can't find something? Try our wiki search engine.
For the best results, please be specific with your search (i.e. Taekwondo Pattern Do-San)
Main Martial Arts Categories - Each category below has free videos and/or written instructions
- Agility Training
- Anatomy - Bones, Muscles, Vital Points, etc.
- Benefits of Martial Arts - Health benefits, mental benefits, practical benefits, etc.
- Blocks - This section focuses on a variety of martial arts blocking techniques.
- Blogs - Martial arts blogs from around the web. These cover a wide range of martial arts styles and subjects.
- Books - Best martial arts books. Our picks and visitor favorites.
- Breaking Techniques - This section focuses on martial arts breaking (i.e. wooden boards and concrete blocks).
- Bunkai - The practical application and analysis of kata.
- Conditioning - This section reviews exercises that can improve your martial arts strength and conditioning.
- Diet - Diet & nutritional information for martial artists.
- Grappling - Submissions, Escapes, Sweeps, etc.
- How To Tie Your Martial Arts Belt
- Instructor Tips - This section focuses on tips and training ideas for martial arts instructors.
- Instructional Videos - As a service to our visitors, we are offering free online martial arts instructional videos from Amazon. These videos teach katas, self-defense, kicks, flexibility and much more.
- Joint Locks
- Katas, Forms, Patterns & Poomse - Videos and written step-by-step instructions for various katas and forms (i.e. Karate, Taekwondo, Tang Soo Do, etc.)
- Kicking Techniques - Learn how to do a huge variety of martial arts kicks (i.e. back kicks, spinning hook kicks, butterfly kicks, etc.)
- Languages - Learn common phrases (i.e. hello and thank you) in Mandarin, Korean, Japanese, Russian, etc. to use at your martial arts class.
- Movies - Here is a list of the best martial arts movies ever made (i.e. Enter the Dragon). For all of the martial arts movie addicts!
- Movie Comedies - List of the best martial arts movie comedies.
- Martial Arts Movie Stars - Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jet Li, Jackie Chan, Donnie Yen, etc.
- News & Commentary - Blogs - Martial Arts, Aikido Reddit, BJJ Reddit, Capoeira Reddit, Eskrima Reddit, Hapkido Reddit, Jeet Kune Do Reddit, Judo Reddit, Karate Reddit, Kendo Reddit, Krav Maga Reddit, Kung Fu Reddit, MMA Reddit, Muay Thai Reddit, Ninjutsu Reddit, Taekwondo Reddit, Tang Soo Do Reddit, Wing Chun Reddit
- Olympics & Martial Arts
- Online Martial Arts Videos - Online instructional videos. Free if you are an Amazon Prime member.
- Plyometrics Training - Exercises that build "explosive power" for martial arts kicks and punches.
- Polls - Answer martial arts questions & important issues. See how others have answered these polls.
- Power - Kicking Power, Punching Power, etc.
- Punches & Strikes
- Safety - Safety tips for martial arts students and instructors.
- School Directory
- School Reviews & Maps - This section will help you to find the best martial arts schools in your local area.
- School Tips - How To Find A Good Martial Arts School
- Seniors & Middle Aged Adults - Tips for middle-aged adults and seniors who are thinking of beginning martial arts training.
- Speed Training - This section will help you to achieve faster kicks and punches.
- Strength Training - This section will help you to achieve stronger and more powerful kicks and punches.
- Stretching - This stretching section provides instructions for a huge number of martial arts stretches that will help your overall flexibility.
- Styles & Systems - This section covers major martial arts such as Karate, Taekwondo and Kung Fu as well as less well-known martial arts such as Systema, Pankration and KAPAP.
- Technique of the Month - A summary of our past "Technique of the Month" emails. Vote on them!
- Training Equipment - How to use martial arts training equipment such as focus mitts, kicking shields and even Wing Chun wooden striking dummies.
- Martial Arts TV Shows & Cartoons
- Vital Points - This section explores self-defense targets (i.e. groin attacks).
- Warm-Up Exercises
- Weapons - Information and training techniques for traditional martial arts weapons such as bo staffs, nunchaku, tonfa, sai, etc.
- Women's Self-Defense
- Yoga for Martial Arts - Yoga for improved martial arts flexibility.
Click here to join Black Belt Wiki. Free membership.
Can't find something? Try our Wiki Search Engine.
Sign up for our free wiki newsletter. It is an easy way for you to remember us. :)
We promise to send only 1 or 2 email newsletters per month. Each newsletter provides wiki updates, martial arts tips and more.
Support this wiki. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission on each sale via the links below (i.e. Amazon).
Post A Question For Your Fellow Martial Artists or Suggest An Improvement For This Wiki
Anyone can post. To leave a comment, you can log-in via Facebook, Twitter, Google or even post as a guest.
Posting rules - Respect all martial styles, be civil, no aggressive self-promotion and no spam.
Violations of these rules will cause posts to be edited or deleted.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki. All rights reserved.
Websites may link to Black Belt Wiki. However, the text link must clearly identify Black Belt Wiki as the reference source.
For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer.