List of Best-Known Martial Arts Film Stars
Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info to wiki & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
List of Best-Known Martial Arts Film Stars
Here is a list of famous martial arts film stars and their best known films. This list includes actors such as Bruce Lee, Chuck Norris, Jet Li and many others.
Other Movie Categories
Martial Arts Movie Stars
- Scott Adkins - Scott Adkins is known for movies such as Undisputed, The Bourne Ultimatum, Expendables, etc. Background in Taekwondo, Kickboxing, etc.
- David Carradine - David Carradine is best known for the martial arts TV series "Kung Fu" and movie series "Kill Bill". While David Carradine had knowledge of boxing, he did not start to study Asian martial arts until after the "Kung Fu" TV series. David Carradine died in 2009.
- Jackie Chan - Best known for his comedic martial arts films such as "Drunken Master". When he was a young man, Jackie Chan focused on martial arts and acrobatic training.
- Sammo Hung - Chinese martial arts movie star and producer.
- Tony Jaa - Tony Jaa is best known for martial arts movies such as "Ong-Bak". He has trained in Muay Thai, Taekwondo and Aikido.
- Bruce Lee - Bruce Lee is probably the best known martial arts movie star of all-time. He starred in martial arts movies such as "Enter the Dragon" and "Fist of Fury". Founder of the martial arts style known as Jeet Kune Do. Bruce Lee died in 1973.
- Jet Li - Well-known martial arts movie star. Best known for movies such as "Fearless", "Fist of Legend" and "Once Upon A Time In China". Jet Li was a Wushu champion.
- Toshiro Mifune - Legendary Japanese movie star known for Seven Samurai, Yojimbo, etc.
- Chuck Norris - Chuck Norris is best known for films such as "Missing in Action" and "Way of the Dragon" (with Bruce Lee). Also known for his TV series "Walker, Texas Ranger". Black belt in Tang Soo Do.
- Phillip Rhee - He has a black belt in martial arts such as Taekwondo and Hapkido. Best known for his Taekwondo film "Best of the Best".
- Steven Seagal - Black belt in Aikido and starred in movies such as "Above The Law".
- Jeff Speakman - Best known for films such as "The Perfect Weapon". Expert in American Kenpo.
- Jason Statham - Best known for the "Transporter" and "Expendables" movie series. He has studied Wing Chun, Karate and Kickboxing.
- Jean-Claude Van Damme - Specialized in Kickboxing. Known for martial arts movies such as "Bloodsport".
- Don Wilson - Kickboxing champion. Famous for movies such as "Bloodfist".
- Donnie Yen - Starred in well-known martial arts movies such as "Ip Man". While Donnie Yen knows a variety of martial arts such as Wushu, Boxing, Taekwondo and Muay Thai, his films have helped the popularity of Wing Chun due to the success of the Ip Man series.
- Michelle Yeoh - Malaysian actress and martial arts star. Best known for movies such as "Crouching Tiger Hidden Dragon".
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- Self-Defense Against A Clown Since America seems to be experiencing clown hysteria or at least a few idiots in clown suits trying to scare people, I thought you might like to watch Master Ken's latest video. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Community Experiment I have switched the replies sorting option to most popular first (versus most recent first). Therefore, you will see the replies with the most positive/up votes first (as there were lots of great answers to questions being buried under jokes, hi my nam...
- Sparring Gear, Medieval Armor or Industrial Footwear? You might find this an interesting "upgrade" to your existing martial arts sparring shin guards. :) Seriously, I think it is some type of industrial protective footwear. Ellwood Safety Appliance 323 Aluminum Shin-Instep Guard Amazon link to the produ...
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
- A Couple of less well known Karate Techniques Here are a couple of traditional Okinawan Karate Techniques that are still practiced (to some degree) in a few styles but are on the whole forgotten! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/2-okinawan-karate-deadly-techniques/
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.