Popular Martial Arts Movies & DVDs
This section provides you with popular martial arts movies & DVDs such as Seven Samurai and Enter the Dragon. You will find martial arts movies for adults as well as highly-rated and more kid-friendly martial arts movies for families. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you are looking for instructional DVDs (i.e. how to perform kata), please visit the Martial Arts Instructional DVDs section.
Popular Martial Arts Movies for Adults
- Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon - According to Amazon, this is an "epic set against the breathtaking landscapes of ancient China"… "Crouching Tiger, Hidden Dragon combines the exhilarating martial arts choreography by Yuen Wo-Ping (The Matrix) with the sensitivity and classical storytelling of an Ang Lee film".
- Enter the Dragon - Probably Bruce Lee's most influential movie. According to Amazon, "Recruited by intelligence agency, outstanding martial arts student Bruce Lee participates in brutal karate tournament hosted by Han".
- Fearless - According to Amazon, "International superstar Jet Li delivers non-stop action in this martial arts masterpiece of vengeance and pride, which was inspired by the incredible true story of a real-life hero".
- Hero - According to Amazon, "Hero starring martial arts legend Jet Li in a visually stunning martial arts epic where a fearless warrior rises up to defy an empire and unite a nation".
- Ip Man - According to Amazon, "An occupying Japanese general challenges Chinese men to duels so he can prove the superiority of the Japanese. Ip Man (Donnie Yen) - a Chinese martial arts master forced to work in the mines, refuses to fight, but can resist for only for so long".
- Kung Fu Hustle - According to Amazon, "Kung Fu Hustle perfectly blends original comedy and explosive martial arts action. Creative and imaginative characters slam together in a comic blend of Quentin Tarantino meets Jackie Chan".
- The Matrix - A 1999 martial arts movie starring Keanu Reeves. While this is a science fiction movie, it is also a wonderful martial movie. The hero, Neo, learns various martial arts in order to combat enemies in the computer generated "reality" of the matrix.
- Musashi Miyamoto - A film about Japan's most famous swordsman. This movie stars the legendary actor Toshiro Mifune.
- Ong Bak: The Thai Warrior - This Muay Thai movie stars Tony Jaa.
- Sanjuro - According to Amazon, "Toshiro Mifune swaggers and snarls to brilliant comic effect in Akira Kurosawa's tightly paced, beautifully composed Sanjuro. In this sly companion piece to Yojimbo, jaded samurai Sanjuro helps an idealistic group of young warriors weed out their clan's evil influences, and in the process turns their image of a "proper" samurai on its ear".
- Seven Samurai - According to Amazon, "Akira Kurosawa's Seven Samurai tells the story of a sixteenth-century village whose desperate inhabitants hire the eponymous warriors to protect them from invading bandits".
- Yojimbo - According to Amazon, "The incomparable Toshiro Mifune stars in Akira Kurosawa's visually stunning and darkly comic Yojimbo. To rid a terror-stricken village of corruption, wily masterless samurai Sanjuro turns a range war between two evil clans to his own advantage".
Popular Martial Arts Movies for Families
- The Karate Kid - According to Amazon, "An elderly martial arts expert (Pat Morita) teaches a high schooler (Ralph Macchio) to defend himself from bullies".
- The Karate Kid Part 2 - According to Amazon, "Miyagi travels to Japan to confront an enemy from his past. A brilliant collision of culture and combat".
- Kung Fu Panda - A "big fat panda" becomes the Kung Fu Warrior.
- Shaolin Soccer - According to Amazon, "With tons of action, eye-popping special effects and nonstop laughs, here's a hilarious martial arts comedy about a team of misfits who take their best shot at winning a championship".
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- New member Hi Everyone I am really happy to join this group and get to know you all.
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
- New Shodan!!! Hello BBW community, I would just like to let you know that I passed my shodan test last night. I will try to get a pic or two up. I made mistakes but they just made me more focused when they happened. As some may have read my last post, the political...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews