Famous Martial Arts Quotes
This page focuses on famous martial arts quotes from Bruce Lee, Musashi, Sun Tzu and many others. These martial arts quotes often provide useful information about martial arts strategy and training. We have also added a section focused on entertaining martial arts movie quotes at the bottom of the page.
If you want to add a quote to this list, please post your suggestion on the favorite martial arts quote section of the wiki community.
Martial Arts Quotes - Strategy & Training
- Bruce Lee - Use only that which works and take it from any place you can find it.
- Bruce Lee - I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- Bruce Lee - Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is specifically your own.
- Bruce Lee - Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
- Bruce Lee - All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.
- Bruce Lee - Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it.
- Bruce Lee - Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
- Bruce Lee - There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- Bruce Lee - Boards don’t hit back.
- Bruce Lee - Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student.
- Musashi - The primary thing when you take a sword in your hands is your intention to cut the enemy, whatever the means. Whenever you parry, hit, spring, strike or touch the enemy's cutting sword, you must cut the enemy in the same movement. It is essential to attain this. If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him.
- Musashi - The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them
- Sun Tzu - Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.
- Sun Tzu - If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
- Sun Tzu - All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
- Sun Tzu - To know your enemy, you must become your enemy.
Entertaining & Memorable Martial Arts Movie Quotes
- Karate Kid - Wax on… wax off. Wax on… wax off.
- Karate Kid - Look eye! Always look eye!
- Karate Kid 2 - Hey can you break a log like that? Don't know. Never been attacked by tree.
- Kung Fu Panda - The Wuxi finger hold! Oh, you know this hold? You're bluffing. You're bluffing! Shifu didn't teach you that. Nope. I figured it out. Skadoosh!
- Kung Fu Panda - You can't defeat me! You're just a big fat panda! I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda.
- Kung Fu Panda - Ah. My old enemy… stairs!
Wiki Recommendations by Google
New Posts on the Wiki Community
- The Definition of Martial Arts How would you define a martial arts in 50 words or less? Try to make your definition cover all aspects so no martial arts style is forgotten (i.e. weapon-based martial arts). Don't look at a dictionary because the answer can be incomplete as there are ...
- A Couple of less well known Karate Techniques Here are a couple of traditional Okinawan Karate Techniques that are still practiced (to some degree) in a few styles but are on the whole forgotten! http://www.karatebyjesse.com/2-okinawan-karate-deadly-techniques/
- Functional Kata I have been working on the Ashihara Karate section of the wiki. I like how they break out their kata by function. Rather than some elaborate traditional kata with a huge variety of moves (i.e. kicks, punches, throws, sweeps, etc.) & hidden meaning/tech...
- Dog and dog owner defense. Recently my 6 yr old was charged by a "friendly dog"... he ran into the street in fear. Thankfully this is a slow street. The owner is being a bag of snot. Saying "my dog never bit any one" and getting an attitude when I quote the leash and fence l...
- Kudo Helmet Since we are talking about the "different" type of protective headgear used in Daido Juku Kudo, I thought that you might like to watch this video that shows off the headgear. Looks like it is designed to be protective but also offer a lot of visibility...
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.