Famous Martial Arts Quotes
This page focuses on famous martial arts quotes from Bruce Lee, Musashi, Sun Tzu and many others. These martial arts quotes often provide useful information about martial arts strategy and training. We have also added a section focused on entertaining martial arts movie quotes at the bottom of the page.
If you want to add a quote to this list, please post your suggestion on the favorite martial arts quote section of the wiki community.
Martial Arts Quotes - Strategy & Training
Bruce Lee Quotes
- Bruce Lee - Use only that which works and take it from any place you can find it.
- Bruce Lee - I fear not the man who has practiced 10,000 kicks once but I fear the man who has practiced one kick 10,000 times.
- Bruce Lee - Adapt what is useful, reject what is useless and add what is specifically your own.
- Bruce Lee - Notice that the stiffest tree is most easily cracked, while the bamboo or willow survives by bending with the wind.
- Bruce Lee - All fixed set patterns are incapable of adaptability or pliability. The truth is outside of all fixed patterns.
- Bruce Lee - Be like water making its way through cracks. Do not be assertive, but adjust to the object, and you shall find a way around or through it.
- Bruce Lee - Knowing is not enough, we must apply. Willing is not enough, we must do.
- Bruce Lee - There are no limits. There are plateaus, but you must not stay there, you must go beyond them.
- Bruce Lee - Boards don’t hit back.
- Bruce Lee - Everything you do, if not in a relaxed state will be done at a lesser level than you are proficient. Thus the tensed expert marksman will aim at a level less than his/her student.
Confucius Quotes - Famous Chinese philosopher
- A favorite Aikido saying - “The green reed which bends in the wind is stronger than the mighty oak which breaks in a storm.”
Miyamoto Musashi Quotes - Probably the most famous Japanese swordsman.
- Miyamoto Musashi - The primary thing when you take a sword in your hands is your intention to cut the enemy, whatever the means. Whenever you parry, hit, spring, strike or touch the enemy's cutting sword, you must cut the enemy in the same movement. It is essential to attain this. If you think only of hitting, springing, striking or touching the enemy, you will not be able actually to cut him.
- Miyamoto Musashi - The ultimate aim of martial arts is not having to use them
Sun Tzu Quotes - Famous Chinese strategist.
- Sun Tzu - Appear weak when you are strong, and strong when you are weak.
- Sun Tzu - If you know the enemy and know yourself, you need not fear the result of a hundred battles. If you know yourself but not the enemy, for every victory gained you will also suffer a defeat. If you know neither the enemy nor yourself, you will succumb in every battle.
- Sun Tzu - All warfare is based on deception. Hence, when we are able to attack, we must seem unable; when using our forces, we must appear inactive; when we are near, we must make the enemy believe we are far away; when far away, we must make him believe we are near.
- Sun Tzu - To know your enemy, you must become your enemy.
Entertaining & Memorable Martial Arts Movie Quotes
- Karate Kid - Wax on… wax off. Wax on… wax off.
- Karate Kid - Look eye! Always look eye!
- Karate Kid 2 - Hey can you break a log like that? Don't know. Never been attacked by tree.
- Kung Fu Panda - The Wuxi finger hold! Oh, you know this hold? You're bluffing. You're bluffing! Shifu didn't teach you that. Nope. I figured it out. Skadoosh!
- Kung Fu Panda - You can't defeat me! You're just a big fat panda! I'm not a big fat panda. I'm THE big fat panda.
- Kung Fu Panda - Ah. My old enemy… stairs!
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Karate Kakie practice I was curious how many of my fellow karateka here practice kakie it is a series of "pushing hands" drills - which accept and flow off of an opponents incoming momentum as well as how to effectively push an opponent It is sometimes also described as ...
- Special Forces Strength Training Here are a few "easy" exercises to spice up your next martial arts strength training workout. I like how he incorporates grappling dummies and plyomterics into his workout. If I had to do this training routine, I would be losing body parts after a few...
- Let's play Detective My instructor and I were talking about the upcoming Power Rangers film, and how it would be different to the original series. He then started to tell me of a movie he saw in the 80's that seemed to follow a similar formula to power rangers, where kids ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi