List of the Best Stretching & Flexibility Books
Looking for some help with stretching? Here are our favorite martial arts-related stretching & flexibility books. This section will help you to find stretching books focused on improving your overall flexibility. In turn, this will potentially reduce some pulled muscles and improve your kicking, punching and grappling power.
For other popular martial arts books (i.e. focused on Karate, kicking techniques, Krav Maga, etc.), please visit the main Martial Arts Books section. At no extra cost to you, we make a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free. Thank you for your support!
Popular Martial Arts Stretching, Flexibility & Yoga Books - Our favorites!
- The Anatomy of Stretching, Second Edition: Your Illustrated Guide to Flexibility and Injury Rehabilitation
- Beyond Kicking: A Complete Guide to Stretching and Kicking - This book states "Along with super stretching secrets, you'll learn how to use your flexibility to improve kicking techniques".
- Dynamic Stretching & Kicking - This stretching book is by the famous martial artist, Bill "Superfoot" Wallace.
- Dynamic Stretching: The Revolutionary New Warm-up Method to Improve Power, Performance and Range of Motion
- Full-Body Flexibility - This book "blends the best of yoga, Pilates, martial arts, and sport training".
- The Martial Artist's Book of Yoga: Improve Flexibility, Balance and Strength for Higher Kicks, Faster Strikes, Smoother Throws, Safer Falls, and Stronger Stances - This books focuses on how yoga can improve your martial arts flexibility.
- Plyo-Flex: Plyometrics and Flexibility Training for Explosive Martial Arts Kicks and Performance Sports
- Stretching: 30th Anniversary Edition - Very popular stretching book.
- Stretching Scientifically: A Guide to Flexibility Training
- Ultimate Flexibility: A Complete Guide to Stretching for Martial Arts - This stretching book is specifically targeted to martial artists.
- Yoga Bible - The Yoga Bible is a "comprehensive illustrated step-by-step book to achieving the postures and advice on altering them where necessary with easier postures highlighted for beginners".
Popular Stretching Books for Older Martial Artists
Latest Informational Pages Added to Wiki
Popular & Highly Rated Community Posts
Recent Member Posts Added to Community
- Irimi Training "Irimi" or "entering" is primarily used and studied in aikido, though other martial arts use similar concepts.
- MMA vs Thai Chi (sort of) Here is a video that has apparently gone viral in China showing what happens when a 'self styled' Tai Chi 'master' comes up against years of dedicated MA training http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/28/mma-vs-tai-chi.php
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi