Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 12 Sep 2015 03:26
Multiple Opponent Sparring (How to fight more than one person at a time
Multiple Opponent Sparring is very different from fighting one on one. You have far less time to develop strategy and your key goal stops being how to defeat one person and becomes how to keep these two or three people form ganging up on me so that I can handle them one on one.
How to Fight Multiple Opponents.
When fighting multiple opponents your kicks need to do more in less time. Each technique needs to rock, shatter, disrupt or defeat your opponent. You never want to spend more than 3 seconds fighting any one person. You want to keep your opponents either one in front of the other tripping each other up, or on opposite sides of the room with you running back and forth between them every 3 seconds. This style of fighting is heavily taxing and requires stamina and strength.
Drill for Preparing yourself to kick in multiple directions
- Simon Scher https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCoVdb3czUT0NHokAoS3yz2A
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi