Ninjutsu - Japanese Martial Arts focused on Ninja Techniques
Ninjutsu (or more traditionally known as Ninpō) is a Japanese martial arts style focusing on the use of stealth and deception in order to defend oneself or fulfill an objective. The martial arts of Ninjutsu is commonly associated with the Japanese Shinobi (or Ninjas).
This martial arts style utilizes a variety of martial arts skills such as takedowns, the use of ninjutsu weapons (i.e. Shuriken, Kunai, Shuko and Kyoketsu-Shoge) and stealth (for purposes of defense, information gathering, and other tasks).
Amazon - Books on Ninjutsu Techniques
Elements of Ninjutsu
Ninjutsu traditionally focuses on the following 18 different martial arts skills. However, there are different descriptions of Ninjutsu skills among different "schools" that ascribe to "Ninjutsu" techniques.
- Seishinteki kyōyō – spiritual refinement
- Taijutsu – unarmed combat
- Kenjutsu – sword techniques
- Bojutsu - stick and staff techniques
- Sōjutsu – spear techniques
- Naginatajutsu – naginata techniques
- Kusarigamajutsu – kusarigama techniques
- Shurikenjutsu – throwing weapons techniques (i.e. shuriken)
- Kayakujutsu – pyrotechnics
- Hensōjutsu – disguise and impersonation
- Shinobi-iri – stealth and entering methods
- Bajutsu – horsemanship
- Sui-ren – water training
- Bōryaku – tactics
- Chōhō – espionage
- Intonjutsu – escaping and concealment
- Tenmon – meteorology
- Chi-mon – geography
- Hojojutsu Rope techniques
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Positives AND negatives for new martial arts students over 60? Since we have a good number of "mature" :) martial arts students & instructors on this site, I thought you might like to share some of your knowledge & give some advice. What would you tell to a person who was over 60 and thinking about joining a marti...
- New member Hi Everyone I am really happy to join this group and get to know you all.
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews