Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 25 May 2016 13:49
List of Ninjutsu Stances
This section provides details about Ninjutsu stances. These stances are used by Ninjutsu students for offensive and defensive positioning, transition movements, etc. However, please be aware that the names and definitions of these stances can vary because there are a wide range of Ninjutsu schools and associations.
- Doko no Kamae (Sui) - Defensive (angry tiger).
- Fudoza no Kamae (Ka) - Meditation posture.
- Hicho no Kamae (Ku) - Crane posture.
- Hira Ichimonji no Kamae (Fu) - Receiving posture.
- Hoko no Kamae (Ku) - Bear receiving posture.
- Ichimonji no Kamae (Sui) - Defensive posture.
- Ihen no Kamae (Ka) - Offensive posture.
- Juji no Kamae (Chi) - Cross step posture.
- Jumonji no Kamae (Ka) - Offensive posture.
- Kosei no Kamae (Ka) - Offensive (high/low) posture.
- Nage no Kamae (Fu) - Half kneel posture.
- Ryusui no Kamae (Sui) - Sword receiving posture.
- Shizen no Kamae (Chi) - Natural posture.
- Seiza no Kamae (Ku) - Kneeling posture.
- Stance information kindly provided by Nathaniel, Added - 05/25/16
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
- Is realistic self-defense training a contradiction in itself? There are countless providers that claim to offer realistic self-defense training. Routinely implied in in such claims is that other, more traditional schools/dojos/styles fail to address this. However, I am wondering if realistic self-defense training...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi