Join this free martial arts wiki. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness experts can help with Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, Yoga, etc. Meet martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Wiki Revision Date - 07 May 2015 13:35
List of Ninjutsu Weapons
This section examines traditional Ninjutsu weapons such as the Shuriken, Kunai, Shuko and Kyoketsu-Shoge.
These weapons were used by Shinobi (or better known in the West as Ninjas) in order to carry out missions of espionage (spying), assassination, etc.
For information on other traditional martial arts weapons, please visit the main Martial Arts Weapons section.
Traditional Ninjutsu Weapons - Click on the links below for more information and videos on that particular weapon.
- Bokken - Wooden practice sword
- Fukiya - Blow gun with poison darts
- Happo - Egg filled with blinding powder (Metsubushi).
- Jutte - Weapon similar to a Sai
- Kama - Small scythe-like weapon
- Katana - Metal sword
- Kunai - Multipurpose tool that could be used for digging holes in walls, as a stabbing weapon, as a climbing tool, etc.
- Kusari Fundo - Chain weapon
- Kusarigama - Chain and scythe weapon
- Kyoketsu-Shoge - Hooked rope-dart
- Metsubushi - Pepper or powder used to blind or disorient an opponent.
- Naginata - Long staff with curved blade at end
- Odachi (Nodachi) - Long curved sword
- Shinai - Bamboo practice sword
- Shuriken - Throwing star
- Shuko - Claw weapon
- Bo - Long staff
- Hanbo - Short staff
- Jo - Medium staff
- Tanto - Dagger
- Tessen - War fan
- Tetsubishi - Caltrops
- Wakazashi- Short sword
- Yari - Spear
- Yumi - Bow (for archery)
- Kashiwa Bujinkan Ninjustu, Traditional Weapons Used In Ninjutsu, http://www.kbninjutsu.com/weapons.html, Added - 05/19/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Karate Kakie practice I was curious how many of my fellow karateka here practice kakie it is a series of "pushing hands" drills - which accept and flow off of an opponents incoming momentum as well as how to effectively push an opponent It is sometimes also described as ...
- Special Forces Strength Training Here are a few "easy" exercises to spice up your next martial arts strength training workout. I like how he incorporates grappling dummies and plyomterics into his workout. If I had to do this training routine, I would be losing body parts after a few...
- Let's play Detective My instructor and I were talking about the upcoming Power Rangers film, and how it would be different to the original series. He then started to tell me of a movie he saw in the 80's that seemed to follow a similar formula to power rangers, where kids ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi