Join this free martial arts wiki & community. Add info & help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Grappling, Taekwondo Forms & Patterns, Aikido, Goju-Ryu, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, Kyokushin, etc. Fitness & sports experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Ups, Balance, Stretching, etc. Meet your fellow martial artists by joining our Wiki Community.
Page Revision Date - 07 May 2015 13:35
List of Ninjutsu Weapons
This section examines traditional Ninjutsu weapons such as the Shuriken, Kunai, Shuko and Kyoketsu-Shoge.
These weapons were used by Shinobi (or better known in the West as Ninjas) in order to carry out missions of espionage (spying), assassination, etc.
For information on other traditional martial arts weapons, please visit the main Martial Arts Weapons section.
Traditional Ninjutsu Weapons - Click on the links below for more information and videos on that particular weapon.
- Bokken - Wooden practice sword
- Fukiya - Blow gun with poison darts
- Happo - Egg filled with blinding powder (Metsubushi).
- Jutte - Weapon similar to a Sai
- Kama - Small scythe-like weapon
- Katana - Metal sword
- Kunai - Multipurpose tool that could be used for digging holes in walls, as a stabbing weapon, as a climbing tool, etc.
- Kusari Fundo - Chain weapon
- Kusarigama - Chain and scythe weapon
- Kyoketsu-Shoge - Hooked rope-dart
- Metsubushi - Pepper or powder used to blind or disorient an opponent.
- Naginata - Long staff with curved blade at end
- Odachi (Nodachi) - Long curved sword
- Shinai - Bamboo practice sword
- Shuriken - Throwing star
- Shuko - Claw weapon
- Bo - Long staff
- Hanbo - Short staff
- Jo - Medium staff
- Tanto - Dagger
- Tessen - War fan
- Tetsubishi - Caltrops
- Wakazashi- Short sword
- Yari - Spear
- Yumi - Bow (for archery)
- Kashiwa Bujinkan Ninjustu, Traditional Weapons Used In Ninjutsu, http://www.kbninjutsu.com/weapons.html, Added - 05/19/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Please visit the wiki community to see the most recent members posts. However, we have listed below some of the top-rated posts added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated martial arts questions & answers. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Wiki Store - Books | DVDs | Shoes | Sparring Gear | Uniforms