Martial Arts Prizes & Rewards for Best Contributors
We reward our best wiki contributors & community posters every quarter with martial arts prizes. We are trying to provide an extra benefit for members who go above and beyond when helping to improve this martial arts wiki. This is in addition to the usual wiki benefits for active contributors such as linking to their websites, promoting their schools, etc. At the same, we hope that these contribution rewards will help to increase the number of martial arts topics on this wiki and improve the quality of wiki additions.
As of 1/10/16, this financial rewards program is current ON HOLD until we design a better incentive system. If you have any suggestions, please contact us.
Prizes - for the top three contributors during the quarter
- $50 Amazon Gift Card… so you can buy yourself martial arts products such as kicking paddles, kicking shields, rebreakable boards, martial arts books, speed bags, etc.
- We are switching to electronic gift cards (vs. physical martial arts prizes) for privacy reasons because you do not need to supply us with your street address and phone number (as these were required by Amazon in order to ship the martial arts products). Moreover, Amazon seems to have a problem shipping martial arts products (sporting goods) from the USA to many international countries.
- These prizes are awarded to the best wiki contributors, wiki editors (who help by making wiki pages and techniques readable and "understandable") and/or community posters.
- This reward system is currently a test. We will see how this "rewards test" proceeds and we will try to improve on the system over time.
- The winners will be based on quantity… and more importantly, quality. Hint - Adding written instructions and tips "score" much higher than adding a couple of Youtube videos. Bonus points for contributors who concentrate on their spelling and grammar… as this means less work (revisions) for the wiki staff! :)
- Anyone copying work from another website will be banned as a member and will not win a prize.
- The Amazon gift card will be sent by email (so you need to have an accurate email address and be in Amazon's delivery network/geography if you want to use the gift card).
- Suggestions on how to improve this reward system are welcome. Please contact us with your ideas.
- We reserve the right to make changes at any time to this reward system.
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Holding back. This week i sparred a vastly imferior fighter. The whole point was to get him ready for his first fight. He will in my opinion not win. I held back on every strike because even out of shape i am faster and more acurate/powerful than he is. Or so i tho...
- Inspiring people I am starting to decorate my garage and I like the look tons of pics on the wall. So I am reaching out to all of you for people to put on my wall. I am looking for people that have faced diversity or over came something in the fighting arts. Looking fo...
- How to use a chair to practice high kicks Since we have been talking about Bill "Superfoot" Wallace's amazing flexibility and kicking prowess, I thought you would like to watch this Youtube video. It is a tutorial by Bill Wallace on how to use a chair to practice high kicks. Will Black Belt W...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi