Martial Arts Prizes & Rewards for Best Contributors
We reward our best wiki contributors & community posters every quarter with martial arts prizes. We are trying to provide an extra benefit for members who go above and beyond when helping to improve this martial arts wiki. This is in addition to the usual wiki benefits for active contributors such as linking to their websites, promoting their schools, etc. At the same, we hope that these contribution rewards will help to increase the number of martial arts topics on this wiki and improve the quality of wiki additions.
As of 1/10/16, this financial rewards program is current ON HOLD until we design a better incentive system. If you have any suggestions, please contact us.
Prizes - for the top three contributors during the quarter
- $50 Amazon Gift Card… so you can buy yourself martial arts products such as kicking paddles, kicking shields, rebreakable boards, martial arts books, speed bags, etc.
- We are switching to electronic gift cards (vs. physical martial arts prizes) for privacy reasons because you do not need to supply us with your street address and phone number (as these were required by Amazon in order to ship the martial arts products). Moreover, Amazon seems to have a problem shipping martial arts products (sporting goods) from the USA to many international countries.
- These prizes are awarded to the best wiki contributors, wiki editors (who help by making wiki pages and techniques readable and "understandable") and/or community posters.
- This reward system is currently a test. We will see how this "rewards test" proceeds and we will try to improve on the system over time.
- The winners will be based on quantity… and more importantly, quality. Hint - Adding written instructions and tips "score" much higher than adding a couple of Youtube videos. Bonus points for contributors who concentrate on their spelling and grammar… as this means less work (revisions) for the wiki staff! :)
- Anyone copying work from another website will be banned as a member and will not win a prize.
- The Amazon gift card will be sent by email (so you need to have an accurate email address and be in Amazon's delivery network/geography if you want to use the gift card).
- Suggestions on how to improve this reward system are welcome. Please contact us with your ideas.
- We reserve the right to make changes at any time to this reward system.
Latest Pages Added to Wiki
Popular Community Posts
Latest Posts Added to Community
- Martial Arts Burnout & Recovering Lost Students We have talked about martial arts "burnout". This is when a student take an extended break or leaves martial arts entirely due to work/family problems, issues with time commitment, injuries or a wide variety of other causes. How does your school deal...
- Escrima "on the rocks" a clip of some fun stick work with one of my students last week blocking close quarter butting strikes while using footwork on the rocks by the shallows of the beach gonna take some more environmental training videos here in the next few weeks
- What is the biggest downside of martial arts training? How would you answer a potential student if they asked "What is the biggest downside of martial arts training"? I know that we all love martial arts training... but please do not give any answers like there are no downsides, etc. Try to point out some...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi