Learn Sanchin - Kata for Goju-Ryu Karate
Join this free martial arts wiki. Add information and help beginners with Shotokan Kata, Kicks, Punches, Submissions, WTF Taekwondo Forms, ITF Taekwondo Patterns, New Styles & Systems, Aikido, Goju-Ryu Kata, Krav Maga, Bo Staff, Judo, etc. Fitness experts can help with Hojo Undo, Strength Training, Core Exercises, Warm-Up Exercises, Balance, Stretching & Flexibility, etc.
Learn Sanchin - Kata for Goju-Ryu Karate
This page will help you to learn Sanchin, one of the katas used in Goju-Ryu Karate. For additional Goju-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Goju-Ryu Katas page.
Meaning of the Sanchin kata - "Three Battles"
If you need other Karate information (i.e. kicks, stances and strikes), please visit the main Karate section. For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms page.
YouTube Demonstration of Sanchin - Goju-Ryu Kata - Front View
YouTube Demonstration of Sanchin - Goju-Ryu Kata - Side View
YouTube Demonstration of Sanchin - Goju-Ryu Kata
Written Kata Instructions
- From attention stance
- Move to Yoi stance with the feet together and hands in front left over right
- Right foot steps forward into Sanchin dachi
- The tension in the arms is released as right foot steps, they stay in contact and turn upwards with a double middle block with the right hand in front of the left
- As the arms raise crossed in front of you you breath in
- And as the blocks move out into the double block you breath out
- The left hand pulls back chamber as you breath in
- With tension in the arm it extends to a middle punch breathing out
- With tension the arm pulls in slightly as you breath in
- Then the the arm turns back to middle block breathing out
Wiki Recommendations by Google
- Grading Have my Brown Belt grading today. Wish me luck
- Martial Arts Comedy - Funny or Not? Do you think this martial arts comedy is funny or not? The two male judges (including Howard Stern) thought it was funny and the two female judges thought it was not funny. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Kenjutsu - Basic Techniques Someone emailed us looking for information on basic Kenjutsu bokken techniques. If any of our sword experts would like to answer this question, please do it here. I can always transfer over some of the info to the wiki. Will Black Belt Wiki
- Kung Fun International by John Cooper Clarke Found this whilst browsing the net. Can't find a decent Youtube video of it so here's the lyrics to the poem Kung Fu Interntional by John C. Clarke Outside the take-away, Saturday night a bald adolescent, asks me out for a fight He was no bigger tha...
- How Much (If Any) Self Defence Is Practiced In Your Art? There are a couple of elements to this question, the first and most obvious is how much class time do you or your instructor dedicate to actual street defence and/or Bunkai (or its equivalent), the second slightly deeper element, how much of what your ...
- WHAT IS A KARATE OR MARTIAL ARTIST LIFE-STYLE ! I hear all kinks of talk of a karate or MA life-style. Is there such a thing or a standardization of martial artist life-style. What is acceptable around the world and are there regional or geographical versions. Some don't believe in any of this non-...
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this wiki. We will post your blog or website on the pages where you add information. We want to build this wiki and help drive traffic to our contributors' websites.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.