Instructions for Shito-Ryu Kata - Pinan Shodan
This page will help you to learn Shito-Ryu Karate Kata - Pinan Shodan. For additional Shito-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Shito-Ryu Karate Katas page. Written kata instructions are provided below.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shito-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of Shito-Ryu Kata - Pinan Shodan
Written Kata Instructions
- Turn left 90 degrees in cat stance doing a left center block and right mid hammerfist strike, then a left upper hammerfist strike in Haiko dachi.
- Turn right 180 degrees in cat stance doing a right center block and left mid hammerfist strike, then left upper hammerfist strike in Haiko dachi.
- Turn right 90 degrees to cat stance with a right center block and a right mid area kick, then turn 180 degrees left and do three Shuto blocks in cat stances, then a right lower mid area spearhand hand strike in Zen stance; Kiai.
- Turn le 225 degrees with a left shuto block in cat stance, then the same thing with the right hand and right foot forward, then turn right 90 degrees to your and do right Shuto block in cat stance then the same with left hand and left foot.
- Turn 45 degrees left and do a right downward inward block in Zen stance, then a right mid area kick, then a left mid area punch in Zen stance, then a left mid area kick followed by a right mid area punch and a right supported center block in Zen.
- Turn left 225 degrees to Zen stance with a downward block, then a right upper punch in Zen stance, then turn right 90 degrees into Zen stance right downward block, then a left upper punch in a Zen stance, then go to a ready stance.
- Kata instructions provided courtesy of SUNY Oneonta Shitoryu Karate, http://employees.oneonta.edu/davisgb/karate/, Added - 04/22/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Karate Kakie practice I was curious how many of my fellow karateka here practice kakie it is a series of "pushing hands" drills - which accept and flow off of an opponents incoming momentum as well as how to effectively push an opponent It is sometimes also described as ...
- Special Forces Strength Training Here are a few "easy" exercises to spice up your next martial arts strength training workout. I like how he incorporates grappling dummies and plyomterics into his workout. If I had to do this training routine, I would be losing body parts after a few...
- Let's play Detective My instructor and I were talking about the upcoming Power Rangers film, and how it would be different to the original series. He then started to tell me of a movie he saw in the 80's that seemed to follow a similar formula to power rangers, where kids ...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Search Engine
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi