Instructions for Shito-Ryu Kata - Pinan Shodan
This page will help you to learn Shito-Ryu Karate Kata - Pinan Shodan. For additional Shito-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Shito-Ryu Karate Katas page. Written kata instructions are provided below.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shito-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of Shito-Ryu Kata - Pinan Shodan
Written Kata Instructions
- Turn left 90 degrees in cat stance doing a left center block and right mid hammerfist strike, then a left upper hammerfist strike in Haiko dachi.
- Turn right 180 degrees in cat stance doing a right center block and left mid hammerfist strike, then left upper hammerfist strike in Haiko dachi.
- Turn right 90 degrees to cat stance with a right center block and a right mid area kick, then turn 180 degrees left and do three Shuto blocks in cat stances, then a right lower mid area spearhand hand strike in Zen stance; Kiai.
- Turn le 225 degrees with a left shuto block in cat stance, then the same thing with the right hand and right foot forward, then turn right 90 degrees to your and do right Shuto block in cat stance then the same with left hand and left foot.
- Turn 45 degrees left and do a right downward inward block in Zen stance, then a right mid area kick, then a left mid area punch in Zen stance, then a left mid area kick followed by a right mid area punch and a right supported center block in Zen.
- Turn left 225 degrees to Zen stance with a downward block, then a right upper punch in Zen stance, then turn right 90 degrees into Zen stance right downward block, then a left upper punch in a Zen stance, then go to a ready stance.
- Kata instructions provided courtesy of SUNY Oneonta Shitoryu Karate, http://employees.oneonta.edu/davisgb/karate/, Added - 04/22/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- New member Hi Everyone I am really happy to join this group and get to know you all.
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
- New Shodan!!! Hello BBW community, I would just like to let you know that I passed my shodan test last night. I will try to get a pic or two up. I made mistakes but they just made me more focused when they happened. As some may have read my last post, the political...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews