Instructions for Shito-Ryu Kata - Pinan Shodan
This page will help you to learn Shito-Ryu Karate Kata - Pinan Shodan. For additional Shito-Ryu Karate katas, please visit the main Shito-Ryu Karate Katas page. Written kata instructions are provided below.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shito-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of Shito-Ryu Kata - Pinan Shodan
Written Kata Instructions
- Turn left 90 degrees in cat stance doing a left center block and right mid hammerfist strike, then a left upper hammerfist strike in Haiko dachi.
- Turn right 180 degrees in cat stance doing a right center block and left mid hammerfist strike, then left upper hammerfist strike in Haiko dachi.
- Turn right 90 degrees to cat stance with a right center block and a right mid area kick, then turn 180 degrees left and do three Shuto blocks in cat stances, then a right lower mid area spearhand hand strike in Zen stance; Kiai.
- Turn le 225 degrees with a left shuto block in cat stance, then the same thing with the right hand and right foot forward, then turn right 90 degrees to your and do right Shuto block in cat stance then the same with left hand and left foot.
- Turn 45 degrees left and do a right downward inward block in Zen stance, then a right mid area kick, then a left mid area punch in Zen stance, then a left mid area kick followed by a right mid area punch and a right supported center block in Zen.
- Turn left 225 degrees to Zen stance with a downward block, then a right upper punch in Zen stance, then turn right 90 degrees into Zen stance right downward block, then a left upper punch in a Zen stance, then go to a ready stance.
- Kata instructions provided courtesy of SUNY Oneonta Shitoryu Karate, http://employees.oneonta.edu/davisgb/karate/, Added - 04/22/14
Latest Pages Added to Wiki
Popular Community Posts
Latest Posts Added to Community
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi