Instructions for Bassai - Kata for Shorinji-Ryu Kenkokan Karate
This page will help you to learn Bassai, one of the Shorinji-Ryu Kenkokan Karate katas. To learn other Shorinji-Ryu kata, please visit the main Shorinji-Ryu Kenkokan katas section.
If you have a question regarding a particular movement, please check with your instructor as katas can vary between different Shorinji-Ryu schools and organizations. If you need help with other Karate techniques (i.e. stances, kicks and strikes), please visit the main Karate section.
For other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Video of Shorinji-Ryu Kenkokan Karate Kata - Bassai
Written Kata Instructions
- Members - Add written step-by-step directions here.
- Shorinjiryu Kenryukan Karate, Shorinjiryu Kata, http://www.kenryukan.com/, Added - 06/14/14
- Shorinjiryu Watanabe-Ha Karate-Do Federation, Training Regimen, http://www.japankaratecenter.com/JKC-2012/JKC-Web-Study.html, Added - 06/14/14
Latest Informational Pages Added to Wiki
Popular & Highly Rated Community Posts
Recent Member Posts Added to Community
- newby hi guys, first off thanks for having me, well im 48 and trying to get in shape ! always been interested in learning the art for balance in life. i need beginner material thanks
- Irimi Training "Irimi" or "entering" is primarily used and studied in aikido, though other martial arts use similar concepts.
- MMA vs Thai Chi (sort of) Here is a video that has apparently gone viral in China showing what happens when a 'self styled' Tai Chi 'master' comes up against years of dedicated MA training http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/28/mma-vs-tai-chi.php
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi