List of Shukokai Karate Katas with Videos
Here is a list of the major Shukokai Karate katas. Each kata has demonstration videos and/or written instructions. However, given that Shukokai has broken into a number of different organizations since the death of Sensei Kimura in 1995, kata requirements and individual kata elements may vary by school and/or association.
For the katas of other Karate styles (i.e. Shotokan katas), please visit the main Katas & Forms section.
Shukokai Kihon (Combinations)
Main Shukokai Katas
After the Pinan katas, the order of Shukokai kata can vary greatly by organization. Moreover, a number of these katas are not used by some Shukokai schools and organizations. Therefore, we are listing them in alphabetical order (versus belt order). Check with your instructor for the exact order and the katas required by your Shukokai school.
- American Shukokai Karate Union, Black Belt Requirements, http://www.shukokaikarate.com/nrfive/textpage.aspx?tpage=blackbeltreq, Added - 03/17/14
- Kimura Shukokai Karate, Kimura Shukokai Kata List, http://www.kentkarate.co.uk/page40.htm, Added - 01/16/15
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions, answers & even the occasional joke focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- Top 10 Deadliest Lists Ever!!! Here is my definitive list of top 10 MA lists. They are in order of which ever one I randomly chose and therefore completely relevant! Anyone who doesn't agree with my list will go on to my list of people who don't agree with my list list! :) 0. https...
- New MA World Record A new Guinness World record for breaking blocks has recently been set, here is a link to the article and video, I don't know about anyone else but I seriously doubt the composite structure of those blocks especially given the nature of the technique us...
- Famous Karate Quotes The wiki has a page on famous martial arts quotes - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/martial-arts-quotes However, it is severely lacking many good Karate quotes. Can you please post some of the classic Karate quotes (with the associated style & originator...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring gloves, footwear, headgear, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi