Learn the Shuri-Ryu Kata - Wunsu (or Strong Arm Form)
Here are videos and instructions for Shuri-Ryu Karate kata - Wunsu (or Wansu). In Shuri-Ryu Karate, this kata is also known as the "Strong Arm Form".
To master these katas, you will also have to learn basic Karate stances, Karate kicks, Karate blocks, Karate punches, etc.
For additional Shuri-Ryu katas, visit the main Shuri-Ryu Katas section. If you are looking for other Karate katas (i.e. Shotokan), please visit the main Martial Arts Katas & Forms section.
Written Instructions for Kata
- Add step-by-step written instructions for katas here.
- Use these bullet points to breakout each step in order to make it easier for beginners.
- International Shuri-Ryu Association, Shuri-Ryu Karate, http://www.shuri-ryu.com/shuri-ryu-karate.html, Added - 01/24/14
Latest Informational Pages Added to Wiki
Popular & Highly Rated Community Posts
Recent Member Posts Added to Community
- Irimi Training "Irimi" or "entering" is primarily used and studied in aikido, though other martial arts use similar concepts.
- MMA vs Thai Chi (sort of) Here is a video that has apparently gone viral in China showing what happens when a 'self styled' Tai Chi 'master' comes up against years of dedicated MA training http://shanghaiist.com/2017/04/28/mma-vs-tai-chi.php
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Instructional DVDs
- Kata & Forms - Books & DVDs on Karate Kata, TKD Forms, etc.
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, MMA, etc.
- Sparring Gear - Sparring Gloves, Headgear, etc.
- Strength & Conditioning - Books & Equipment
- Stretching & Flexibility - Books & Gear for Flexibility
- Training Gear - Punching Mitts, Heavy Bags, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi