Learn about Soo Bahk Do - Korean Martial Arts Style
Soo Bahk Do is a Korean martial arts style that grew out of Tang Soo Do. This martial arts focuses on kicks, punches, forms (hyung), self-defense (ho sin sool), etc.
Soo Bahk Do is taught at Moo Duk Kwan schools worldwide. There are numerous schools in the United States, UK, Australia and a number of other countries.
According to Glendora Korean Karate, "Two of the many things that separate Soo Bahk Do from all other arts and make it unique, are its versatility and philosophy. Because ancient Korea was constantly attacked by both Japan and China, Soo Bahk Do became versatile out of necessity, the result being an art which demands mastery of the whole body, not just kicking and punching. Challenging techniques ranging from quick and spontaneous movements to slow graceful flowing movements offer not only variety but also challenge everyone. Second, many styles teach effective self defense and fighting principles but Soo Bahk Do offers much more than just that. Learning fighting techniques without a strong philosophy is to burden society with more dangerous people. We use Soo Bahk Do to realize our full potential and emphasize "Virtue in action" demonstrating courage, discipline, confidence and humility".
Demonstration Video for Soo Bahk Do
List of Soo Bahk Do Forms or Hyung
- Ki Cho Hyung Il Bu
- Ki Cho Hyung E Bu
- Ki Cho Hyung Sam Bu
- Pyung Ahn Cho Dan
- Pyung Ahn E Dan
- Pyung Ahn Sam Dan
- Pyung Ahn Sa Dan
- Pyung Ahn O Dan
- Chil Sung Il Ro Hyung
- Chil Sung E Ro Hyung
- Chil Sung Sam Ro Hyung
- Chil Sung Sa Ro Hyung
- Chil Sung O Ro Hyung
- Du Mun (Yuk Ro Cho Dan)
- Nai Han Ji Cho Dan
- Nai Han Ji E Dan
- Jin Do
- Joong Jol (Yuk Ro E Dan)
- Ro Ha
- Po Wol (Yuk Ro Sam Dan)
- Sip Soo
- Kong Sang Koon
- Yang Pyun (Yuk Ro Sa Dan)
- Glendora Korean Karate, What is Soo Bahk Do?, http://www.glendorakoreankarate.com/index.php/about/68-whatissoobahkdo, Added - 08/14/14
- United States Soo Bakh Do Moo Duk Kwan Federation, http://soobahkdo.com/, Added - 08/14/14
Wiki Recommendations by Google
Black Belt Wiki Community
- Please visit the wiki community to read all of our members posts & replies. However, we have listed below some of the recent posts & top-rated topics added by our members to the wiki's social community. FYI - These are not wiki pages but rather are fantastic member generated questions & answers focused on martial arts topics. We hope you become a member.
Highly Rated Posts on the Wiki Community
Recent Wiki Community Posts
- New member Hi Everyone I am really happy to join this group and get to know you all.
- How to Condition Shins for Muay Thai I have been working on a wiki page regarding shin blocks - http://www.blackbeltwiki.com/muay-thai-shin-block One element is how Muay Thai fighters must work on conditioning their shins in order to manage any pain associated with a shin block (or shin ...
- New Shodan!!! Hello BBW community, I would just like to let you know that I passed my shodan test last night. I will try to get a pic or two up. I made mistakes but they just made me more focused when they happened. As some may have read my last post, the political...
At no extra cost to you, Black Belt Wiki makes a small commission if you buy products via these Amazon links. Your purchase helps keep this wiki free for all visitors. Thank you for your support!
If you spot a typo, non-working video or missing information, please tell us & we will fix immediately!
Also help beginners & add your knowledge to this free wiki.
Material on this wiki may not be copied or reproduced without the written approval of Black Belt Wiki.
All rights reserved. For other terms & conditions, please read our legal disclaimer. This site is for informational purposes only. All martial arts techniques and fitness exercises should be supervised by a trained martial arts instructor in order to prevent injuries and to ensure the proper technique is utilized. If you have had an injury or are in pain, please see a doctor before starting or continuing any martial arts and/or physical fitness program.
Search Wiki for Martial Arts Techniques & Topics
Martial Arts Products
- Books - Most Popular Martial Arts Books
- Grappling - BJJ, Judo, MMA, etc.
- DVDs - Best Instructional DVDs
- Gloves - Boxing, MMA, etc.
- Heavy Bags, Kicking Pads & Shields
- Kata & Forms
- Kids - Books, Gift Ideas, etc.
- Party Ideas
- Rash Guards
- Shoes - Karate, Taekwondo, Wrestling, Boxing, etc.
- Sparring Gear
- Strength - Hojo Undo, Makiwara, etc.
- Stretching & Flexibility
- Training - Iron Palm, Punching Mitts, etc.
- Uniforms & Gi
- Wiki Reviews